Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

For the love of Michael Jackson

Pages: 1 19 replies

K

Tiki is a misunderstood, underappreciated subculture. No wonder I like Jacko.

I don't think I have ever been able to understand or appreciate Michael Jackson until today. I heard him when I was in grade school and was fascinated by Captain EO as much as the next kid, but never thought of him again as I grew up and had in the last few years thought as little of him as the rest of the world. But this latest surge, this latest orgy, of Michael Jackson bashing has done just the opposite for me - I am suddenly interested in his music again and have found myself listening to it all for the past few days.

And it's not just his music. The man rocks too. He's sincerely as weird as he is. He's so comfortable with himself - defying the world and maintaining that YOU ARE peter pan - this ridiculousness at middle age - this is the essence of cool.

Here here for Michael Jackson. He's perhaps the most well-adjusted human on this fucked up planet - no wonder his mere existence disturbs most people.

[ Edited by: kahukini on 2003-02-26 04:42 ]

T

Read this and your love may diminish a little:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/mjdec1.html

K

Yeah, I'm aware of that.

1. It was so obviously written by the 13 year old in question.

2. No beyond a reasonable doubt evidence, only the kid's word against Jackson's.

3. These accusations would hurt, even destroy, anyone's career - any public figure would pay rather than go to trial.

4. If anything happened, money takes care of everything. Everyone knows that. This kid & his Santa Monica lawyers sure knew it.

On 2003-02-26 04:41, kahukini wrote:
He's so comfortable with himself. He's perhaps the most well-adjusted human on this fucked up planet.

I disagree. Being comfortable with one's self would not prompt so much plastic surgery. Regarding being well adjusted, I think the dude is totally the opposite! He so wants the world to love him that when he's not praised he blames it on the media. I think the man needs serious psyhchiatric evaluation. He's simply not normal.

Of course, this is just my humble opinion.

PolyPop,

Don't you see what Kahukini is doing again? Don't fall for the "let me see what reaction I get if I drop my pants in public" posts...

I'm convinced Michael Jackson is made of cheese.

Trader Woody

I just saw the interview finally last night. I'd say he's about one corncob short of a bushel. And what's with these damned kids today? When I was 14 I was bagging groceries, chasing girls, listening to Slayer and getting stoned. Nightly pocket pool with a 44-year-old horrific male freak was not at the top of list of "things to do".

R
Rain posted on Wed, Feb 26, 2003 9:19 AM

I think the surgery is way over the top, but other than that, I'm with Kahukini on this one.
Every average joe wants to tear down someone in the limelight. Or lie and get settlements.
And more importantly than the kids, whose f'in parents would let small children go stay in a mansion with an adult they don't know overnight, no matter who he/she is?

If Michael Jackson collected Tiki, would any of you change your mind about collecting it?

:tiki:

I collect mostly "older" tiki items, so at least I know I wouldn't have any competion from him because he seems to only like "young" things.

Michael Jackson is a psychologically disturbed, surgically-altered, child molesting freak.

Michael's face is rotting away like a poor, vintage tiki left out too long in the rain...

Hmmmm.....

R
Rain posted on Wed, Feb 26, 2003 12:23 PM

I agree he's BEYOND freakish looking.

I saw this funny sequence of photos going from his youth until present day, and the caption was something like:

"Only in America can a poor black boy grow up to be a rich white woman."

I still laugh about that.

Hilarious!

We were just watching Planet of the Apes and noticed the resemblence!

Okay, back to work.

I agree with Kahukini ....

Celebrity and the Music idustry has always had it's share of weirdos. In fact many have built their careers around it. There's plenty of skitzos, messed up druggies, weird sexual preferences, irresponsible behavior. I think the reason the world is so fascinated with Jackson is becuase he manages to never look cool while doing any of it.

Does he have problems? Yes. Had he had a ton of plastic surgery? Yes. Does the guy make questionable decisions left and right? Yup. There's a ton of other musicians and celebritys who all fit that description.

I don't feel sorry for the guy at all. He's alive, has a ton of money, and has created his own fantansy world in which he never has to leave (well, except for court appearances).

~Hanford

S

On 2003-02-26 13:30, hanford_lemoore wrote:
He's alive, has a ton of money, and has created his own fantansy world in which he never has to leave (well, except for court appearances).

~Hanford

Sounds familiar, Hanford?

At least 2 out of 3 of those things you listed! :wink:

K

I don't post things to be sensational or cause a stir. I post them sincerely. I may be drunk at the time, but I am sincere.
In this case though, I was not drunk.

On 2003-02-26 09:05, Basement Kahuna wrote:
I just saw the interview finally last night. I'd say he's about one corncob short of a bushel. And what's with these damned kids today? When I was 14 I was bagging groceries, chasing girls, listening to Slayer and getting stoned. Nightly pocket pool with a 44-year-old horrific male freak was not at the top of list of "things to do".

That has to be the funniest thing I have heard/read in a long time! I'm still laughing!

Pages: 1 19 replies