Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Maui next March ?

Pages: 1 4 replies

S

Just got back from a week on the Big Island , which we loved and hated to leave . Already planning next trip , this time to Maui . Planning on staying in the Lahaina area . Some folks say March isn't the best time of the year to visit because of the rain . I've done some research and the general consensus seems to be that the weather in March is very unpredictable . Anybody been there in March/April ? We'd be staying from the end of March - around the 27th , to the 2nd or 3rd of April . Know it's a long way off but many of the good places to stay book up a year in advance . Mahalo ! S

On 2008-04-10 15:40, sushiman wrote:
Just got back from a week on the Big Island , which we loved and hated to leave . Already planning next trip , this time to Maui . Planning on staying in the Lahaina area . Some folks say March isn't the best time of the year to visit because of the rain . I've done some research and the general consensus seems to be that the weather in March is very unpredictable . Anybody been there in March/April ? We'd be staying from the end of March - around the 27th , to the 2nd or 3rd of April . Know it's a long way off but many of the good places to stay book up a year in advance . Mahalo ! S

Which side of the Big Island were you? We were on Hilo side several years ago, didn't make it to Kona side except to drive to airport.
We've been on Maui in March and April and didn't really have a problem. We stayed a month on Maui this past February and it only rained about 3 days out of the month. Seems we had missed the really bad weather the week before our arrival. The bad part of Maui during March is the spring breakers. Plan your travel around those two weeks. The thing is, for us any way, even a bad day on Maui is a good day.

Rex

S
K

March can bring the best weather - clear, cool, low humidity, gentle trades, etc., but it's also when winter storms roll through and it rains almost continuously for days. If your timing is off, you'll spend your entire vacation in the rain, and I know that's kind of a bummer.

Right after Christmas and into January tend to be very nice, as does April.

B

Just got back from two weeks on Oahu and Maui, April 5 thru 18. Rained a some on Oahu, but it was perfect the last week on Maui.
Definately recommend going the middle of April or later. Was also their two years ago in the beginning of May and the weather was outstanding.

Stayed in Makena the first time and Ka'annapali this time, but spent most of our time in Lahaina.
Grass was pretty dry around Lahaina so I can assume that it hasnt rained their a whole lot this past month.

Pages: 1 4 replies