Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Cheers from the Ministry of Rum

Pages: 1 12 replies

RG

After meeting several tiki central members last night in NYC, I'm finally registering. You might know me from the Ministry of Rum site where I'm Ed Hamilton. Looking forward to meeting more of you as I travel in search of the best rum drinks in the world.

When I dream up a better job, I'm going to take it.

[ Edited by: Rum guy 2008-04-11 08:18 ]

[ Edited by: Rum guy 2008-04-11 20:16 ]

Ed - you're a man of your word.

It was great meeting you last night at Elettaria and welcome aboard.

Oh, and when you dream up a better job, can I have yours?

Joe

I'm not an alcoholic, I'm an enthusiast.

[ Edited by: leisure master 2008-04-11 08:56 ]

[ Edited by: leisure master 2008-04-12 07:41 ]

Hiya, Ed. After seeing you at FI, it's good to see you around these parts. :) I should return the favor and actually get an account over on Ministry of Rum, now.

G

Hey Joe, how were the Navy Grogs and Zombies at Elettaria?

ALL of the drinks at Elettaria are great. Really great. The place has become my local and it's gonna kill me.

They have a mai tai, a navy grog and a zombie on the cocktail menu along with some originals and classics. In addition the bartenders are all very comfortable working outside the boundries of the menu (corn 'n oil, anyone?).

The mai tai uses Appleton's XV and La Favorite if I remember correctly - it is really good but a little light on the orgeat for my taste. The navy grog drink is a little unusual with the use of orange, but again a very good drink. The zombie is a showstopper. It is the 1934 version and it is fantastic - and served in a tiki mug, which is a nice touch and pretty unusual for a "high-falutin" NYC cocktail joint.

[ Edited by: leisure master 2008-04-12 07:41 ]

It's great to hear that. Can't wait to get there myself (soon!). Zombies in a tiki mug is a little unusual though. Tell them they should buy a couple hundred zombie glasses from Kiliki at thehukilau.com!

Oh, and welcome to Tiki Central Ed! As you can see, we do get a little animated about our cocktails around here. :)

Nice to see you here too Ed! :drink:

M

Cheers, Ed!

Will I get to see you at Tales of the Cocktail?

T

Yes, last night was one to remember - delighted to be re-aquainted with the NYC ohana whom I've met only once or twice before, and it was wonderful to introduce them to our old friend Br. Cleve - and to meet Ed, the Minister Of Rum?!?! All the stars were clearly aligned!

Thanks to Cleve, I am now enjoying my first - no, wait, my second! :wink: - Mai Tai using the elusive Lemon Hart, which is impossible to find in these parts. Yesssss!

Let's ensure that last night was but the first of MANY evenings we'll spend enjoying each other's company. Happy weekends to all!

Cheers,
Dennis

Don't be a stranger Dennis! Let us know when you come to town and keep an eye on the NYC events!

Take care

RG

There is nothing, absolutely nothing more worth doing than drinking rum with new and old friends. I look forward to seeing you all again. I'm not used to all the usernames but I'll learn.

Yes, I will be at Tales of the Cocktail this July. If you're up to the task I'll be adding a few more judges to the panel. The judging will be Tuesday and Wednesday so I can enjoy some of the seminars on Thursday and Friday.

MT

Welcome to Tiki Central, Ed! Glad to see you posting here. I agree with Haole'akamai, I'm going to get myself signed up over on Ministry Of Rum too! Great talking with you after your last rum lecture at Forbidden Island, hope you get back there soon. Cheers!
-Bill

Welcome Ed. You know me as Freeki Tiki over on The ministry.

Bobby

Pages: 1 12 replies