Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

started saw had a log here i am

Pages: 1 31 replies

Hi thanks to all who have posted so much great info to this forum...i got inspired and turned my chainsaw from a thing of destruction into a mewling hewing coconut chewing machine of creation. Had a plan and thanks to all here, guyinalog was born and now everyone I kknow wants one for there deck. I know it's a primitive barely evolved version of the beautiful art posted here but someday I hope to hone my skills with all your help...anyway here i am enjoy guyinalog...
aloufalou onaga

Very nice...especially for your 1st. Now on to #2. Keep us posted.

Welcome, That is a bold well thought out tiki for
sure. If that's a first you are already on fire.

A Very nice 1st Tiki for sure, Keep em coming and havin Fun with it, Aloha, Mooney

Thanks guys.... log coco #2 is under way...wife scratching her head in dismay at new mantool hobby...aloha.

tiki # 2 modified moai...got a little bored and let the chips fly...enjoy

S

Love it! he has a ton of character nice work!

That is some serious skill for only two tikis.No wonder all your friends want one. welcome and keep up the great work. Tiki Stan..

primitive unevolved palm tiki sacrificed for enjoyment of beer swilling rib gobbling cult...his smoke filled innerds expelled a coven of large squatting carpenter bees who angrily but impotently buzzed the groms watching nearby...this was tiki #1a...an experiment with heavy chainsaw and sore back...#3 now in planning stages stay tuned and mahalo

T

Obviously, he doesn't know how to Stop, Drop, and Roll. :D

S

Nice fire tiki! Man those flames kick ass
they even look hot!

I,Aloufalou Onaga, a stay- at- home dad with only tools that are dedicated to warding off the encroachment of nature upon my humble hovel, have returned to mowing my coconut logs into changelings. It was a long summer here in Hawaii (seems endless actually) and I have re-institutionalized my spawn thus freeing up brain cells, time and muscles previously burdened by toils relating to child care...so I borrowed generously from the creative powers of others and churned out tiki #3...I hope no feels plagarized as I really thought highly of whoever it was firstly and with finer skill carved this Ku holding a surfboard...here's my try with boobs and succubus...someday I hope to learn how to turn off the power and hew a log sans the thunder... this one i traded for a most excellent garden rock, (those of you who love huge strangely shaped rocks... i salute)

Great work, keep it up and you will fly with this.

B

Your carving skils are getting better with each tiki, the last showing Lots of patience in the sanding and finishing.
I Really love the "Modified Moai", that says Lots of stuff, Excellent piece. Still way identifiable as a Moai but with your Personal additions together really make him a winner.
Keep'em coming.

mahalos ...looking forward to doing a marq and another hawaiian for a friend's spice co....that should take care of the coco logs...then the intimidating koa log beckons...patience is my albatross...
A Onaga.

next one ...more work to do more pics coming

B

A Onaga, I think the carving skills are in your Genes, it seems to come so naturally. Keep'em coming!

"tikispice"... still needs varnish...more later

S

Im with Benz, dude keep going! Work that look out!
Just don't burn them all.

HERE IS FINAL TIKISPICE IN HOME...CUT DOWN ANOTHER 20FOOT TREE SO ..i GOT WOOOOOD!
ENJOY! (lOGO WAS DRAWN BY "headhunter studios" FOR MY BRADDAS SMOKED SALT BIZ)

BD

WOW!!! he looks f$%%^^&* great! i need to find big wood (sorry no pun intended).

bd

S

Yes Strong Bold carve you have there. Nice stain work also.

Just finished off my new gate and posts...the post are marq headish with bits of kingkongery going on. gate is cedar and the posts are doug fir. gate and fence keeps home monkeys at bay and "The Hank" (in background) pooping grounds reasonable.
enjoy...aloha

T

Killer stuff! Love the gate posts!

Looooovvvveeee the last guy as well as the fence.

S

Yes Mighty fine carve! Full of life!

The gate posts are a nice touch.

L
laojia posted on Mon, Mar 9, 2009 9:48 PM

Very good work , straigth and pop!!!

Been forking off last few months but managed to pound out a couple of dudes before xmas ...ended up renting these dudes out for a 3 benjamins for athletic event which was nice...dropped a couple of huge logs heavy with fiber and can't wait to flush out some nice lines asap. thanks gang

WOW! They all look really great! How about some more progress shots.

http://www.facebook.com/ToddA.McClurg?ref=profile
If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything

[ Edited by: tikilizard 2010-02-01 14:07 ]

[ Edited by: Tikilizard 2010-02-01 14:08 ]

Looking good....Thanks for posting again so I can see my favorite fence!

WOW AWSOME STUFF ON THIS THREAD!!!!! luvvin it !! lets see more!! cheerz!!

I know this thread is 2 years old but, are you still in Kaleheo? Still carve? I'm right down the road in Omao...

Pages: 1 31 replies