Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Little Moai On The Praire

Pages: 1 9 replies

A Moai found in a pasture in Texas, urban archaeology taken to a new level but at $5000 opening bid it should be made of gold.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Strange-Mysterious-Moai-Easter-Island-Statue-FOUND_W0QQitemZ280217812893QQihZ018QQcategoryZ73464QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Seller is claiming it's a historic artifact. I'm skeptical.

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader 2008-04-13 17:47 ]

I think this opens up a new theory for the transportation of the giants of Easter Island that the scholars will surely embrace:

My personal theory is that it may have been among the cargo on an overland wagon coming up from San Antonio, the Gulf Coast or Mexico on one of the early pioneer trail feeders through Brown County. Perhaps because of wagonwheel or axle damage, loss of a draft animal or even an attack by Indians or bandits, it was jettisoned and concealed to be retrieved at a later date.

he claims it is made of lava, but where it's chipped away, it's brown. like concrete.
I don't think chipped lava is brown.

..sb

Maybe Eric Von Daniken misplaced his moai.

That's it! It left its orbit, and came down in Texas. Entering the earth atmosphere made it shrink, and eventually crack.

OR...its a meteor that became oddly shaped by the atmosphere entering to LOOK like a Moai. A Moai Meteorite!

On 2008-04-13 19:08, Suffering Bastard in Maine wrote:
he claims it is made of lava, but where it's chipped away, it's brown. like concrete.

So then there may be concrete evidence?

God help me, I want to believe . . .

The Gods must have had a stop over in Texas before settling on Rapa Nui.

I thought everything was bigger in Texas.

B

Looks like one of the pieces that once stood outside the Kahiki. It ain't that far from Columbus to Texas...

However that bears little "historical implications for the State of Texas."

-Duke

Pages: 1 9 replies