Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Kon Tiki Lake Tahoe

Pages: 1 6 replies

Found this menu while I was out hunting on Sunday...

This appears to be from a restaurant called the "Kon Tiki" located in Lake Tahoe.

The graphics show the Sun God mask and Kon Tiki raft.

"Unexcelled Cantonese Cuisine, Magnificent Steaks, Chicken Dinners"

"in the BAL Bijou at Bijou Lake Tahoe"

Never heard of this place or seen anything from it before. Anyone else ever heard of it?

Thanks,

PTD

LT

That's a great menu cover. Looks like Bijou is an area of South Lake Tahoe which has a Bal Bijou road seen here.

LOL Tiki!

[ Edited by: LOL Tiki 2008-04-14 18:42 ]

On 2008-04-14 18:41, LOL Tiki wrote:
That's a great menu cover. Looks like Bijou is an area of South Lake Tahoe which has a Bal Bijou road seen here.

LOL Tiki!

[ Edited by: LOL Tiki 2008-04-14 18:42 ]

LOL Tiki,

I was in Tahoe on Tuesday and Wednesday and went to the location you posted on the map. Since there wasn't an address on the menu, it is difficult to determine where the original location was. On either side of the area are two strip malls, one has a Safeway store and Denny's (south side) and the other side (north) has some older buildings with various food and tourist shops. If I had to guess, I would think this place was on the north side? Closer to the lake and more visibility, but without the address it is too hard to tell for sure.

PTD

August 1953 ad

Psycho Tiki D that was luck indeed. Wendy

Found this swizzle in Reno, Nevada recently and due to its proximity to Lake Tahoe, I’m wondering if this could be from the Lake Tahoe Kon Tiki?

And, I found these in the Kon Tiki Palm Springs thread... which show the actual Kon Tiki Bar/restaurant (Cheers to the original poster)

Pages: 1 6 replies