Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Seattle A-Frame ~ Polynesian ? you decide.

Pages: 1 0 replies

D

Martin Luther King Jr. Way has been under construction for over 4 years to install Light Rail ~ now the roads are finished, so i took a drive to find anything interesting. A white building with an aqua peaked roof came into view. "Vegetable Bin: Polynesian Deli," i missed the driveway, so i had to make a crazy U turn.

i had to ignore the agressive panhandler to get to the store, and it was: Ten-pound cans of corned beef, sardines and generic cans of Spam on the sparse shelves. Freezers stocked with frozen coconut milk and lamb neck bones. Many many packages of pilot crackers and cookies and various snack chips. Vegetables? hardly any ~ cabbage, taro, bananas, plantains and apples were the only fresh produce. A deli selling Polynesian stews and breads from a steam table hardly produced any mouth watering scents.. odd. nothing is marked, except for the "ring for service" bell. i saw 3 kinds of round foil things,a whole fried fish, some fatty meat swimming in an oily gravy, and a rice cooker. so i bought crackers, fried plaintain chips and some soy sauce ~ and asked the clerk what the foil things were.. he muttered something inaudible, then said its Samoan with banana leaves and coconut. ok. not so appealing.

but there were a few people lining up for food ~ just not me!

Pages: 1 0 replies