Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

4 months in... New music highlights!

Pages: 1 0 replies

I always wanted to start up my own blog on top notch music released throughout the year. However, because of my extremely tight schedule (job), I just don't have the time. So, I decided to use this forum to give my opinion on some music that may interest some of you!

Every 4 months, I will list some music that maybe worth your hard earned dollars! Feel free to express your opinions good or bad!

Alright, here we go! January-April 2008:

Cut Copy- In Ghost Colours

Who misses the 80's? Remember the days of New Order pulsing through you car stereo? Well, Cut Copy's 2nd release delivers that electronic synth of yore!

Blending dance/house music with indie panache, In Ghost Colours is a triumphal success! One of the best early releases of 2008!

Highlights (songs): Strangers in the Wind, Lights and Music, So Haunted

The Fleshtones- Take A Good Look!

The Roman Gods are an institution! 26 yrs., and still chuggin' along! Their third release on Yep Roc is amazing! The perfect summer soundtrack! Short blasts of sonic bliss! Don't miss them on stage, when they hit your town!

Highlights (songs): First Date (Are You Coming On To Me?), Jet-Set Fleshtones, Feels Good To Feel

Nick Lowe- Jesus Of Cool

Connoisseur's of power pop are sure to be well-acquainted with this classic! Released in the U.K., in 1978 as "Jesus Of Cool" and titiled as "Pure Pop For Now People" in the U.S., with different artwork and song arrangement. Yep Roc's 30th anniversary reissue includes 10 bonus cuts with early raw takes. Even if you own either of the originals, you will want this expanded edition for the sound quality alone!

Highlights (songs): Too many to mention! It's all great!

Beach House- Devotion

Beach House is a Baltimore, MD., duo formed in 2005. Victoria Legrand and Alex Scally create haunting atmospheric music for that late night listen! Torch filled chamber sounds for the ages! Bewitching!

Highlights(songs): Wedding Bell, You Came To Me

Mahalo!

See you in August!

sandz

[ Edited by: blacksandz 2008-04-16 19:51 ]

[ Edited by: blacksandz 2008-05-06 08:15 ]

Pages: 1 0 replies