Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Full Frontal

Pages: 1 15 replies

Saw this while snooping for info in the Philadelphia papers to see whats up with the Democratic race.

http://blogs.phillynews.com/inquirer/flickgrrl/

That's Jason Segel, screenwriter and star of Forgetting Sarah Marshall, bellying up to the bar, giving new meaning to the word "highball" and proving that there is gender parity in at least in one small corner of Hollywood . Segel -- like his producer, Judd Apatow -- believes that Hollywood should objectify men as well as women, although except for Kathy Bates in the hot-tub scene of of About Schmidt I can't immediately think of female nudity in the service of comedy, can you?
To continue the spring-fever theme of the prior post, here's a link to "Boys in the Buff,"I a pictorial feature from the Los Angeles Times about actors who drop trou. (Hat tip, Anne Thompson.) I agree with Thompson that Ewan McGregor is missing from this list, and so is Richard Gere. But none of them made my heart race as fast as Denzel Washington in the opening sequence of Devil in a Blue Dress , where he slithered across a room in an undershirt and pleated trousers. The woman sitting behind us in the theater -- and this was the weekend of the first O.J. Simpson verdict, if I remember correctly -- sighed libidinally, "They say that this is a divided country; I say that Denzel can unite us!" You said it, sister! What do you say?

B

Oh Oh - there's a taboo tiki in the bottom left corner! Oh, and I don't think I would care to sit on that stool!

The barstools are beautiful, though. Nothing a little recovering can't fix....

Here's the bartender:

Ha ha ha. Blue lagoon.

[ Edited by: mymotiki 2008-06-14 20:55 ]

That looks like the late Heath Ledger in his youth - who is that guy?

Oh yeah - BUSDRIVER! MOVE THAT BLENDER!!!!

[ Edited by: beadtiki 2008-04-19 10:36 ]

R

Saw the film today - there's a bit of tiki in it, although they do seem to confuse pineapple juice + Malibu with a mai tai when he refuses it one morning.

Music wise there's a bit of interest - close attention in a bar scene yields a Hawaiian-language version of Extreme's "More Than Words" being played by the house band (the performers are not credited in the credits, though), and if you stay through the credits, Daniel Ho's version of "Nothing Compares 2U" plays. Swear I heard some Alfred Apaka in there too, but the music credits roll by swiftly.

As a film, we rank it better than "Superbad" and on par with "Knocked Up" as far as Apatow-produced ventures go. We quite enjoyed it!

Cheers,
Rupe

R

Side note -
Jason plays a character named Marshall on "How I Met Your Mother", and the film he wrote is "Forgetting Sarah Marshall."

Coincidence... or conspiracy?

I want to believe,
Rupe

[ Edited by: mymotiki 2008-06-14 20:56 ]

HC

Hey, was that shot at "Hamilton Beach"? ...looks like a 14 speed model blender..if I recall some settings are whip, puree,chop,(ouch!) liquify etc. and of course there's a pulse button!

T

On 2008-04-18 15:45, Sweet Daddy Tiki wrote:
Here's the bartender:

I think it's a pic of Wildsville before the receding hair line, Dug?

and we thought having a vibrating ukulele on your crotch was pushing it...

S

I got excited when i saw the topic to this post.....then i opened it.

B

And washing machines on spin cycle is WAY too big!

On 2008-04-29 18:44, Johnny Dollar wrote:
and we thought having a vibrating ukulele on your crotch was pushing it...

Here's the rum being served.

Pages: 1 15 replies