Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Smokin Menehunes, April 27th @ Buster's Beachouse

Pages: 1 14 replies

The Smokin Menehunes will be playing at Buster's Beach House in Long Beach on Sunday, April 27th from 4:00pm to 7:00pm.

http://www.bustersbeachhouse.com/

I will be there.

also if anyone is interested,
the 1st HB pier show is that day. 11 am to 5 pm
and Jonpaul of tiki magazine and tikiyaki orchestra will be playing with the Boardwalkers at noon I believe.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2008-04-21 22:33, bigtikidude wrote:
I will be there. also if anyone is interested, the 1st HB pier show is that day. 11 am to 5 pm and Jonpaul of tiki magazine and tikiyaki orchestra will be playing with the Boardwalkers at noon I believe.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

BTD-Get yer own thread dude! J/K!!! Sounds like fun! Definitely gonna be at Buster's though!!! Party time! WooooHooooOOOOooooooo!

I will be there, just after the bands at the pier,
sorry I have to help down there.
they are very needy people, ha ha ha.

wish Busters was a tad later,

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Crap!

I'll be up north.

Arrr!!!

Busters was a fun job.

I'd love to go but will be in Memphis hanging with Elvis at Graceland.

Aloha Kakahiaka (good morning):

Well its time again for the Smokin' Menehunes to perform at the
Catalina
Fish Kitchen. We will be there this Friday, April 25th from 7 to 9pm.

Bill Tapia will tell you all about his big concert at the Royal
Hawaiian on
May 30th, and of course we hope to have other special guests joining in
on
the fun at da Kitchen.

Hope to see you Friday evening.

Mahalo and a hui hou,
Palika

WooHoo!!! Looking forward to seeing everyone at Buster's tomorrow. What a Tiki-rrific way to end the weekend :)

TM

If it gets any hotter, I just might have to kill myself.

Temperature: Anaheim 102 degrees right now.

This is insane.

The heat pretty much sucked yesterday but Busters was a great way to end the weekend.

T

Hey Menehunes...Great time yesterday at Busters...You guys sounded great. The Tropical ambiance of Busters (So, what will it take to get management to install a few Tikis in there ?), the Ocean, right outside the windows, the great food, and great music by you guys made for a most enjoyable late Sunday afternoon hang.

This should be a weekly thing...I had a great time.

I would love to see tiki or surf bands there on a regular basis.
even if it was once a month.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

As you sit on your bar stool The Smokin Menehunes teleport you to the sands of Waikiki and allow you to transcend beyond all the doom and gloom being transmitted on the news from the tv hanging from the wall at Busters. I would love to see that place used on a more regular basis for Tikiyaki, Menehunes, Martini Kings etc... It has lots of space, right on the water, Bamboo Ben made the bar, and the place has a good layback Hawaiian style vibe. It was one of my best kept secrets but if your reading this then your my kind of guy/gal so the cats out of the bag. Mahalo to the Menehunes for a great show!

T

On 2008-04-29 14:49, Mongoloid wrote:
As you sit on your bar stool The Smokin Menehunes teleport you to the sands of Waikiki and allow you to transcend beyond all the doom and gloom being transmitted on the news from the tv hanging from the wall at Busters. I would love to see that place used on a more regular basis for Tikiyaki, Menehunes, Martini Kings etc... It has lots of space, right on the water, Bamboo Ben made the bar, and the place has a good layback Hawaiian style vibe. It was one of my best kept secrets but if your reading this then your my kind of guy/gal so the cats out of the bag. Mahalo to the Menehunes for a great show!

I agree on all counts...I'd love a regular gig there....once or twice a month. The Ocean view through the picture windows is really serene, and the bamboo interior (I didn't know Ben did it, that's why it looks so nice, of course) and the EXCELLENT food all adds up to a good time.

As someone who doesn't drink at all.....I know...blashphemy, right ?.....I tasted the Lapu Lapu that Marie made, and it was damn tasty ! I'd consider having one of those on occasion, it was that good.

The stage is a nice size, which is important for our giant band, and the sound system sounded good.

I will re-iterate, between the ocean view and the food....I'm sold ! Add the right tropical music...perfect.

Now, we just need to convince them that they need to do a little shopping trip to Oceanic Arts and get some TIKI in there :)

TM

For me, a lot of the time I rate places I want to play at by how well I am treated. I have done gigs were the management or even proprietor make you feel like they are doing you this huge favor in letting you play at thier crummy joint. Others, make you feel valued and act more like friends when it comes to all the business arrangements. JonPaul and Marie fall into that latter category. Though they are all business and highly professional when it comes to running a bar, they are also extremely warm and friendly people! Excuse me for saying this, but there are not a lot of people running things these days that are like them. I actually want to play for them. I want to haul my lazy, tired-from-work carcass out and play for them. Probably because they are musicans themselves, and know the score, but also because they are real, genuine people without that "cooler then you" attitude I have seen.
That's what makes a place like Buster's a hidden secret. Though other places may have more tikis and whatnot, they lack that personal touch you get when dealing with decent and kind people like the people at Busters.

Pages: 1 14 replies