Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

TabooDan you rule!

Pages: 1 11 replies

Canada Post delivered this big box this morning. What on earth could be in it?

Okay, I knew what it was because I was expecting it - still, it felt like Christmas morning (and not just because there's 10 feet of fresh snow on the lawn).

I asked Dan to make me a frame for an 8"x10" black & white photo of Edmonton's Beachcomber Restaurant. He went way above and beyond my expectations, even adding a couple of matchbooks and a swizzle stick from his own collection.

The craftsmanship is outstanding. It's stunning - the pictures don't do it justice. I'm beyond pleased.

He even tossed in one of these:

Mahalo, Dan. I'm in your debt.

(ps. Excellent packing job too).

That is so cool!

Wow that's fantastic! Very nice work Dan!!

SDT you are a lucky guy.

Nice job!

T

Yo Bro

How about posting a link to this creative cat
for others that may want to check out his
service/prices etc.? Thanks!!!

Thortiki

Taboo Tiki of course!

Their signs, carvings & bars are out of this world too.

T

Aloha everyone!! Thanks for the kind words and I am glad you like the work!!
That photo of the old Beachcomber in Edmonton is one of my favorite shots of an interior of a Tiki Bar so I was stoked to do a custom frame for it and add a few relics together! I love the expression of the girl in the photo staring at the Tiki. Mugs on the table, rare lamp, and all the attributes of an awesome Tiki Bar!

Unfortunately, our website is a little outdated as we are not really computer literate on that stuff yet and our designer moved away. It is almost two years out now and we have done tons of new items. We just keep putting it off I guess.

If anyone would like to get a hold of me, you can PM me through here or you can get a hold of me through the site.

Thanks TikiWahine for the link and thanks to SweetDaddyTiki for the original post! Glad you like it!! Mahalo, TabooDan

PLT

I concur, you definitely rule!! (he's working on my Shag print.. yipeee!! (..but first he has to finish his bar ..need I say more!!)

[ Edited by: Pepe le Tiki 2008-05-08 19:11 ]

H
hewey posted on Fri, May 9, 2008 1:18 AM

Thats awesome! Great framing work :D

Hey Pepe!! Your Shag frame is coming!!
It's very hard to start on something new when I am trying to build the best Tiki Bar in Western Canada!!! Well....hopefully!

My house is in shambles until I can get this Lounge finished and I am pushing my luck with my fiancee with the hostile takeover that is happening in every room! Storing this here, putting that there. "Don't worry babe, that will only be there for a few days" and then the weeks go by!!

When she's angry, all I get is this look:

Good thing she polished off a few cocktails first!! I gotta keep her liquered up until the Lounge is done!
Mahalo, TabooDan

Since I had a sneak preview of your home bar, I think you can safely make that claim!! Post some pics soon!!!

T

Great work. That's definitely a one-of-a-kind. Your fiance's mean look is so darn cute! :P

Pages: 1 11 replies