Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Rare Green Shag Shirt

Pages: 1 22 replies

TT

Apparently there were 13 of these made from sample fabric and were given away by Shag at Tiki Oasis 06 in an incredible act of generosity. Bamboo Ben has one also and we were wondering who has the others???? I know King Kukelele has one so there are 10 shirts unaccounted for...
Do you have one?

TT

O
Otto posted on Mon, Apr 21, 2008 11:12 PM

Wow, that's incredible! I did not even get one! Pretty cool stuff.
Shag was also at Oasis two years ago and was giving away free Shag mugs manufactured by Tiki Farm, but in a different color!
He will be at Tiki Oasis 8 also!

TT

Yes Otto the Mug was the GREEN TUNGA TOA

photograph by Hiphipahula and stolen by me from oogamooga

[ Edited by: Tiki Trav 2008-04-22 16:20 ]

I'll post mine next month when I get back home from the tour.

Anyone else have the shirt?

If not willing to post here, you can always email us too.

On 2008-04-22 15:42, Tiki Trav wrote:
Yes Otto the Mug was the GREEN TUNGA TOA

photograph by Hiphipahula and stolen by me from oogamooga

[ Edited by: Tiki Trav 2008-04-22 16:20 ]

LOL... I want a shirt!??? Please... to go with my Very Rare Mug :D

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2008-04-29 12:35 ]

The owner of Toes on the Nose lives down the street from me.
I will try and see if he can shed some light.
Trader Bill

Sorry it has taken so long to post this, I almost lost the thread and could not find it.
The latest skinny is; I went to go see Richard- the president and founder of Toes on the
Nose at their offices and wherehouse .He said that it was a very limited run shirt and
that Shag (Josh) was the one that had the fabric made.So the bottom line is if you have
one -your'e stoked, if you don't you probably wont find one.On the positive side Toes on
the Nose is working on several upcoming design shirts that are tiki, and he said that
they will be working with Shag on another tiki shirt in the not to distant future.
When I find out something I will post before the word is out.

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2008-07-02 19:43 ]

TS

didn't "Toes on the Nose " make a few different shirts with Josh's artwork? I could swear I seen other patterns...

Some turned up at an outlet mall somewhere (Ventura?) and I got a few for 10 bucks each. That was several years ago. I don't know if I'll be paying 70 to 100 bucks for one, but I'm sure they'll look pretty cool.

On 2008-09-28 09:03, Tom Slick wrote:
didn't "Toes on the Nose " make a few different shirts with Josh's artwork? I could swear I seen other patterns...

Heres a few more... http://theshagpile.blogspot.com/2008/07/toes-on-nose-shag-shirt.html

Regarding the rare Green shirt, this was given out in 2006 in San Diego during Tiki Oasis. During that event, Josh hosted a few friends in his room. He made drinks for us served in the exclusive Green mugs. He even made tags for those mugs explaining what they are. During that same evening, Josh's brother who runs SHAGMART gave away a few of those Green shirts you guy are talking about. I only got the mug. Josh's brother gave the shirts to a select few friends. Hope this solves the mystery.
Your friend,
Louis

Do any of you that recently posted about Shag shirts know where I can get my
hands on this shirt thats shown on Shagpile ?

TT

On 2008-04-29 19:28, 1961surf wrote:
The owner of Toes on the Nose lives down the street from me.
I will try and see if he can shed some light.
Trader Bill

Maybe ask the owner down the street?

Did that about six months ago.The shirt was posted on Shag pile unsold so
someone out there has the shirt for sale.

I see that Toes on the Nose is making new SHAG woven shirts and boardshorts. They are taking pre-orders and are selling quick. You can check it out at http://www.toesonthenose.com/mm5/merchant.mvc

This Toes on The Nose shirt is not on the Shagpile site:

Embroidered logo on the back:

I got it at a longboard tournament a couple years ago and it has the tourney logo on it too:

Buzzy Out!

TT

funny thst it has a shag tag Buzzy, It looks nothing like Shag's artwork...

Well after all this time I finally find one of of the Shag shirts I wanted , however it's
the wrong size .The shirt is an XXL and I wear a L or XL depending on if it's made by
Disney or Toes on the Nose.My loss is someone elses gain.Check tiki market place -
I just listed on ebay .

This shirt is still available .I have had way too many other items to list on ebay lately,
so just getting around to re-listing on ebay .

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Shag-button-down-tiki-shirt-Toes-Noes-XXL-/290428020733?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item439edbe7fd

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2010-05-13 09:40 ]

Shirt is re-listed see above link.

T

[ Edited by: TikiPug 2010-05-13 17:13 ]

Pages: 1 22 replies