Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

California Tiki gigs

Pages: 1 8 replies

Is this year the most bangin' ever for the California Tiki scene?!? So much to do that it started boggin' me down today trying to schedule out Tiki events, personal committments & industry tradeshows!

If anybody's got the time to correlate all of these events, both past & present for a 2008 overview of Tiki gigs and slap 'em into this single thread, I think us west coasters would all be pretty grateful! Big gigs, small gigs... any and all help would be really appreciated.

J

Well, how small do you want to go? Does Dr. Tiki's meet-up at Forbidden Island count? Or Tiki Bocce at Tofu Joe and Haole'akamai's place? Or does it need to be something with vendors, like the Tonga Hut art shows? Also, I think you'll need at least one person from each end of the state to provide input, since I doubt that there is one person who pays attention to all events in both areas.

How about something as small as TIKI CALIENTE? Does that count? We may be small but we are wide!!!!!

Now can you Dig that?

P.S. Thanks for the Mugs and look forward to seeing you in the Spring May 9th!!

Let that Freaky Tiki Flag Fly,

wildsville man

Rory Snyder (A.K.A. Wildsville Man) Palm Springs Bartender Services

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2008-04-23 16:17 ]

T

Me and Squid were both thinking that there needs to be a Tiki Calendar on here to keep ttrack, and also, for the vendors, bands and artists to be aware of all events, so that we can try and jump in and participate, or offer services to the people putting on the events.

Well...until there is an actual Calandar on TC, this can be the Event Calendar for 2008.

So...

Tikiyaki Orchestra performing at TIKI INVASION II on May 3rd and Hukilau (OK, that's in Florida!) June 13 and 14.

Also, we're looking for Summer Gigs, so if you guys know of something going on, please PM me and let me know,, so I can contact the right parties.

J

Swanky has already created a Tiki Events Calendar. I think he just needs people to populate it.

On 2008-04-23 16:35, JenTiki wrote:
I think he just needs people to populate it.

The bummer with the calendar is that groups are going to have to plan their events 15 months in advance.

Now, if Swanky had an online calendar....or TC for that matter. :wink:

you mean like this:
http://www.surfguitar101.com/modules.php?name=GCalendar

mind you this is for surf shows,
but sg101 is a Php forum like TC is.

just have to submit the info to the moderator, and they put it on the calendar.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

oh and for surf shows, this summer is gonna be super busy, bands coming from Nor. Cal. and other states, and bands coming from Europe and Japan.

I had to break down and get a big paper calendar, and am writting them all down, some day/nights in mid summer have 4 or 5 different events shows going on.

Crazy man,

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2008-04-23 21:03 ]

S

On 2008-04-23 18:13, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:

The bummer with the calendar is that groups are going to have to plan their events 15 months in advance.

Check the link. That's not the wall calendar, that's the Google calendar! You can subscribe to an RSS feed and get updates. I try to update it regularly, but I know I am missing stuff and I am not putting a lot of detail in there. I figure people will come here and get details. Anyone who wants to can help update it.

On 2008-04-24 06:44, Swanky wrote:

On 2008-04-23 18:13, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:

Check the link. That's not the wall calendar, that's the Google calendar! You can subscribe to an RSS feed and get updates. I try to update it regularly, but I know I am missing stuff and I am not putting a lot of detail in there. I figure people will come here and get details. Anyone who wants to can help update it.

Ah man, what the hell is RSS?? I'll hit the google thingy.

Pages: 1 8 replies