Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Barrels! You Want 'em, I Got em! Authentic Nautical/Rummy Decor

Pages: 1 4 replies

Aloha!

I've got authentic 60-gallon wine barrels available. Here they are in their natural habitat in my cellar:

These are the very same wine barrels used by Forbidden Island, that gem of a tiki bar in Alameda, CA. They cut them in half, stain them and use them for their cocktail tables. You can do the same, or let your imagination run wild.
Ocanic Arts in Whittier, CA has used my barrels for various restaurant decor projects, too. These are barrels with tiki pedigree!

Get imaginative and create wonderful nautical or rummy moods with these. Some folks take them apart and make lazy susans from the heads, some make chairs, the staves can be used for amazing candle holders or pu-pu trays. The possibilities are mind boggling!

There are only a few available and they can picked up at Judd's Hill winery in Napa for only $25 per barrel. I can ship them to you via ground transport in the continental U.S. for $115 per barrel.

If interested, send me a private message or e-mail. If you'd like to pick them up this Saturday, you'll get the added bonus of seeing King Kukulele in person! http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=27920&forum=17&1

Above photo by Dr. Tiki Mojo

Looking forward to getting these decorative delights to you.

-Weird Unc

J

Can you give us the dimensions of the barrels? Height and diameter?
Thanks!

Here's what I did with mine. Half barrel with ship's wheel and glass top. The custom made glass top cost me 100 frog skins.

The babes are knocking my door down to see it. mmmm Pirate Grog

MT

Judd,
Do you have any barrels that are smaller in size, like half that size but a complete barrel? I need a small barrel to use for something I want to display here at the bar at Casa de Mai Tai. But your full size barrels are too big, even one cut in half - that still would be way too wide for my needs. Thanks!

By the way, awesome barrels! People, get them while you can!!!

Great idea to post the dimensions, why didn't I think of that in the first place??!! Here you go:

Height is 35"

Head width is 23 1/4"

Middle bulge width is approx. 27"

As for smaller barrels, we do have some, but I'm not sure if I can let 'em go. We've got some bottling coming up in the next couple weeks and I'll know better after that.

Jungle Trader, nice work on steering your guests to cocktail time!

Mahalo.

-Weird Unc

Pages: 1 4 replies