Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Large Glass Float Lamp Questions

Pages: 1 2 replies

M

Aloha,

I read through a bunch of the threads about making the float lamps, but still had a couple questions.

Does anyone have a good source for large floats/balls/globes that are at least 24"+?

Does Oceanic Arts carry any lights that are this size, new or vintage? And if so, what kind of prices?

I've gone through some lighting suppliers, but the largest I could find are about 20" in plastic, and they can range from $125 up to $250 for just the globe with no fixture.

Any help is much appreciated!

Mahalo!!!!

On 2008-04-25 21:36, Mo-Eye wrote:
Aloha,

I read through a bunch of the threads about making the float lamps, but still had a couple questions.

Does anyone have a good source for large floats/balls/globes that are at least 24"+?

Does Oceanic Arts carry any lights that are this size, new or vintage? And if so, what kind of prices?

I've gone through some lighting suppliers, but the largest I could find are about 20" in plastic, and they can range from $125 up to $250 for just the globe with no fixture.

Any help is much appreciated!

Mahalo!!!!

Aloha,

I've been searching for that size for quite some time too.

OA does not sell any globe larger than 12" with or without a light fixture. Their vintage ones were larger - but suppliers seem to have leveled off at the 12" size and don't seem provide anything larger.

IF you do find a supplier, could you please let me know? I'd be very interested in making the larger globes into lamps.

I hope that helped a little. Maybe someone else will chime in too.

Mo-Eye.....

http://loveitlighting.com/cgi-bin/hang_globes.pl

we got some hanging ball globe lights from Progress Lighting when we had our Eichler. They were very reasonable and were available up to 24" at the time (5-6 years ago) Don't know if they still carry them, but search the website....let us know if you find something...

Pages: 1 2 replies