Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

An evening of tiki in London - 7th May

Pages: 1 12 replies

Aloha

We have a couple american tiki fans in london town, so this invite goes out to all britiki.

A simple evening starting off at Mahiki [1 Dover Street] - from about 6.30-7.00pm. Meet up on the first floor down [it's all underground]. I'll be there with my wahine - Simone. After a few drinks and before the celebs turn up and spoil the vibe, we plan to move over the Trader Vic's for food and a few more drinks. Then depending on how the evening plans out, maybe onto either Trailer Happiness or Sugarcane.

I know this is on a school night, but meeting up at one or all on the venues would be great.

Please pm me if you're interested and I'll give you my mobile number.

C

VERY COOL!!

Looking forward to seeing you, tikiracer, as well as Simone & the other britikis that can make it out for the evening~

We'll join the crawl at Trader Vics.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Liz & Chris

T

A last minute bump for this.

All are welcome. We're looking forward to an evening of swanky London tiki action.

C
croe67 posted on Tue, May 6, 2008 9:51 AM

looking forward to it, too!!!!!

See you all tomorrow night :)

We even have the perfect weather for an evening of tiki! Looking forward to meeting up.

After the first real day of summer at the weekend, I've got a traditional britiki tan...

Lobster anyone???

TC

croe67 - super nice to meet you and June. Enjoy the rest of your time in London and have a safe trip back to the States.

It was fun meeting up w/ everybody at Mahiki last night. Sorry I had to call it an early night. How was Vic's?

Mega mahaloz to tikiracer for orchestrating the get together and for making sure we were all taken care of at Mahiki. You're a hero dude.

Tiki Chris

A lovely night out with great company.
We got home at 2am... and on a school night, too!

Many thanks, tikiracer, for organising The Gathering and bringing Mary Poppins' bag with you to our show and tell.

Lovely to meet you and June, croe67

Looking forward to seeing the pictures...

Liz & Chris

C

WOW!!

What a fun evening at Mahiki & Trader Vic's :)
Thanks to all for coming out & joining in the fun & to tikiracer for coordinating!!!!!

More soon - with pictures, too.

Gotta run and see a bit more of London before we head home tomorrow :)

Mahalo to all for coming out for out little gathering. Many traveling for over an hour and a half to make it.

Mahiki worked out great, quiet enough to enjoy the tiki vibe before it started drawing in the celeb chasers. Plus all the staff and bosses made us feel very welcome.

Caroline and June, soaking up the Mahiki atmosphere and great drinks

We then moved onto Trader Vic's for classic old skool action

Trader Jim - entertaining us with his tales of adventure and Chris cook up some Trader Vic's tasty bar food.

A lineup of the last standing before home time.

We had a fab time, great company, top drinks and some of the best Tiki London has to offer.

C

OK - so I'm finally getting these pictures posted, now that I have landed back on this side of the pond!

What a very, very FUN evening with the London tiki crowd!!!!!

Thanks, again, for all who were able to come out & sorry I missed a couple of you - I look forward to meeting you - most likely at the 2009 London Luau :wink:

FIRST UP - THE MAHAIKI - WHERE WE RECEIVED THE ROYAL TREATMENT THANKS TO TIKIRACER!!!!

TIKIRACER & TIKICHRIS PONDERING THEIR DRINK CHOICES WITH THE WAITER....

SOME EARLY TIKIRACER LIMITED EDITION PENDANTS - COMING SOON TO CHEEKYTIKI.COM......CHECK OUT THE COOL BLUE ONE :)

AND, OUR LOVELY WAITRESS:

FORTUNATELY, WE LEAVE JUST IN TIME - BEFORE IT TURNED INTO THE HOT LONDON NIGHTSPOT WITH THE GUY THAT DECIDES WHETHER TO LET YOU IN....OR NOT....

AND ONTO TRADER VIC'S:

SIMONE & CHRIS ENJOY SOME TRADER JIM TALES :)

FLAMING SHRIMP SKEWERS, ANYONE??????

MAYBE A BIT OF DINNER ENVY FROM CHRIS & TRADER JIM?? Mmmmmmm.....

TRADER VIC'S DRINK SKEWERS.....ALL DRESSED UP, BUT NO MAITAI IN SIGHT....!

THANKS FOR A FABULOUS EVENING!!!!!!!

On 2008-05-12 13:58, croe67 wrote:
MAYBE A BIT OF DINNER ENVY FROM CHRIS & TRADER JIM?? Mmmmmmm.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for posting your pics!

Pages: 1 12 replies