Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Oregon rum listings

Pages: 1 6 replies

RB

Several brands available now in state-run liquor stores...well, in at least one store in Portland at SE 12th & Hawthorne. I don't see these brands listed on the OLCC's official website, so I was surprised to see them on the shelves.

Matusalem - white & gold ($15 a bottle) and Gran Reserva ($20...that's a steal)
Brugal Anejo - $20
Rhum Clement - several styles...I didn't note their names and prices
Also a couple of rums from the Mexican Yucatan that I didn't recognize (I think there were $15)

And remember in Oregon...no sales tax!

M

It's nice to see Rhum Clement in stores now that St. James is getting dry. Gotta keep that Martinique in stock!

K

Is Rogue Rum available in Oregon? Would be strange if the hometown brand was missing.

RB

Yes, Rogue Rum is widely available here, both in state liquor stores and at Rogue's brewpubs in Portland and Newport. It's a little spendy, though. $30 for white, $35 for dark and hazelnut spiced.

M

I feel the Rogue Rum would still be spendy at half that cost. Of course, that's just my opinion.

My husband and I were on a Windjammer cruise a few years back and we were lucky enough to get a tour of the Clement distillery. Beautiful old buiding, but the best part was the generous rum tasting at the end. We brought home a bottle from the year we graduated high school (70). Was the most expensive thing we got on trip. We cradled the wooden box it came in like a baby and still have it as a keepsake. Hope it's going to be available in WA state. This place sucks as far as booze goes. Very limited selection.Can't even get Benedictine here anymore since the state doesn't think it sells well. You guys in CA & NV are so lucky.

M

Plenty of Benedictine down here in OR!

Pages: 1 6 replies