activities are free to the public. 12:00 to 7:00 p.m.; South Lawn, Museum,
Plaza, Theater.
Agent Orange ... This group gained popularity as an Orange County surf punk
band in the 1980's.

Autry Museum of Western Heritage
4700 Western Heritage Way, Los Angeles, CA 90027-1462
In Griffith Park - (323) 667-2000, ext 317 - http://www.autry-museum.org
Free parking

That sounds like so much fun! I just wish they would bring the show a little closer to us, like in your parking lot, Ben.

Ben,
Sounds like a great line-up. A fun filled day of wailing guitars and pounding drums always brings out the savage in me. I'm trying to imagine the band Agent Orange that I remember from 21 years ago playing a show with Dick Dale. The last time Dale played the Belly-Up Tavern in Solana Beach, he abruptly stopped the show when he noticed audience members "slamming" in a "mosh pit" and attempting to dodge security to get on stage. Dick more or less said "this shit stops now or I do!". But times change, this will probably be a very good show.

[ Edited by: Shipwreckjoey on 2003-03-01 09:31 ]

Things don't seem to be as easy, as they used to be...

but the Gene Autry is sooo close, I could ride a bicycle (after a couple of Mai Tais) over there and not even sober up in transit.I get mailers from a ton of museums, but I'm not on their list. Thanks for posting this!

So this event goes until 7pm. Does anyone in the LA area know of what "tiki-ness" is nearby afterwards?

SugarCaddyDaddy

This event defintely sounds interesting to me however, I find it strange that the venue isn't beach-side....

If I'm correct, the closest Tiki thing around there is the Tiki Ti however, being that the event is on Sunday, the Tiki Ti will be closed.

Well, Poly Pop and SCD you can swing by my house for a sober docent led tour if you arrive before 12:00. However, after 7 pm I can make no promises.

[ Edited by: tikifille on 2003-03-13 23:01 ]

tikifille wrote:
..you can swing by my house for a sober docent led tour..before 12:00...after 7 pm I can make no promises.

So after 7 we can possibly do a drunken tour?
Tikifille's place at 7:01pm!

Umm..er....uh... hey wait, this is 3 months away. No problem, I can clean my house by then. Since I'm one of the myriad of teachers getting laid off, I doubt I can provide any sort of refreshments. So, let me contemplate BYOB, BYO poi, BYO everything. Maybe..

Tikifille is gonna give the next carving class at her house. Eh Poly P. Bring your bikes and we'll pedal from there. I gotta get the Lefty down off the hook.

G

I tink i gon be in town so I gon swing bye fo suckem up! And get some lessons fo carve a tiki from TikiPhille. dats da same month as da hukilau in Florida ya.

Pages: 1 10 replies