Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Aloha All!

Pages: 1 4 replies

I've been a fan of Tiki art since I was a little kid. That interest has laid dormant for many years. I am a pinstriper by trade and the increasing popularity of Tiki art in the modern kustom kulture car scene has reminded me of how cool Tiki art is. I found this site in a search for reference art - I want to put a Tiki on the back of my shop truck. There are some very talented people here.

I am involved in an annual charity luau here in Bend Oregon that benefits disabled children. Through my connection to the luau, I have had the priviledge of becoming very close to the local Polynesian community. I feel like they have adopted me now. One of my good friends is Hawaiian musician Bill Keale, nephew of Moe, and cousin of Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, better known as Iz. So I've had to learn to play a little slack key geetah and ukulele too. Polynesians know how to eat and party!

A big Mahalo for such a cool site. I look forward to checking in regularly.

A hui hou

H
hewey posted on Mon, Apr 28, 2008 9:01 PM

Hey there! You'll find more than a few folks on here are ino rods and kustoms too :D And a few familiar names from sketchkult too.

Make sure you have a look through the creating tiki pages - there is some awesome work in there!

Looking forward to seeing some tiki pinstriping & airbrushing from you.

Welcome! Sounds like you've got a good leg up on the tiki thang. Be sure and have a long look around...there is a ton of info in here. The charity deal is great. I wish more people would get involved and enjoy the feeling.
Cheers.

Welcome and aloha brah! I'm glad to have time to chime in and get back to the TC community. It's tiki friendship and info overload!! Enjoy!!

Mahalo all for the warm welcome. Sorry about posting here, I thought I was posting under the "new members" area but somehow screwed up and here we are. Oh well.

Hewey, I thought I recognized that avatar from Sketchkult. Yeah I've been browsing through the art and wow, some awesome stuff. Very talented people willing to share.

Matt, yes the charity thing is very rewarding. However after 11 years the Keale Luau Foundation is taking a year off. Lots of personal needs among the members. Hope to be back up and running in Aug of'09.

Check out a few pics here http://www.billkeale.com/luau - click on the gallery link.

Pages: 1 4 replies