Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

Oasis Apartments, West Covina, CA (apartments)

Pages: 1 6 replies

Name:Oasis Apartments
Type:apartments
Street:217 N. Sunset Avenue
City:West Covina
State:CA
Zip:91790
Phone:(626) 814-4789

Description:
Formerly the Maui Apartments. Although there seem to be no tikis on the property, it's still worth taking a gander just for the magnificent A-frame.

I stopped by the Oasis Apartments last Sunday. I waited for the police to come out. They held the gate open for me. I thought that was sweet.

Fantastic courtyard! The lagoon pool with the rock waterfall behind is beautiful.

Nice find

Fine work, fellow urban explorers! So that A-frame is totally free standing on the right side? And did the entrance waterfall still work? Could there have been a wooden entrance bridge once? And a water way connection to the courtyard water feature?

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2008-04-30 23:27 ]

T

Man, that Blue lagoon in the courtyard is AMAZING !

I'd sit out there all day if I lived there.

They need tikis tho' :)

T

On 2008-04-30 23:26, bigbrotiki wrote:
So that A-frame is totally free standing on the right side? And did the entrance waterfall still work? Could there have been a wooden entrance bridge once? And a water way connection to the courtyard water feature?

Here's a full shot of the A-frame from across the street.

The entrance waterfall still works.

And the waterway connects all the way from the entrance to the courtyard.

Wow, that is so great, the entrance is DOUBLE bridged! There aren't even any restaurants left where that feature (originated IN restaurants) has survived, now that the Islands at the Hanalei Hotel SD has been completely ruined. (Perhaps the Kona Kai in Chicago, when it is open)

Now imagine those stupid guard railings gone, and the bridges out of wood with wooden posts (sometimes carved as Tikis) with thick nautical rope or anchor chain as railings. Here is an example of a classic bridge at the Shelter Isle apartments (now gone):

I will dedicate a separate post to this apartment complex, mentioned in the BOT, in the near future.

Pages: 1 6 replies