Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: mauna loa box of 50 swizzles on ebay right now...

Pages: 1 31 replies

..okay- whoever wins this auction and if you are a tiki central member...please consider selling me or trading me at least one of these swizzles for my collection......you'll still have 49 left over !! thanks!!

eBay Link

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2008-05-04 06:28 ]

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine - to shorten link - 2008-05-20 01:23 ]

T
teaKEY posted on Sun, May 4, 2008 7:43 AM

50 sticks, up to 50 dollars- dollar a stick right now, I'll buy a couple off the winner

Count me in for one as well.

I'd be interested in a few as well.

Well boys I tried for all of us.I was the third runner up on these
swizzles, and yep I would have offered to anyone that wanted them.
I just wanted like five of them for my collection.
Mahalos for the post,
Trader Bill
(1961surf)

i threw my $50 into the ring and i was still outbid at that point......if the seller only knew what they had, they could have sold them for $4 each with a buy it now and made $200 easily......and we all would have had a couple in our collection!!

sonofabitch!

:x

could be the buyer?
http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-MAUNA-LOA-TIKI-SWIZZLE-STICK_W0QQitemZ380028682365QQihZ025QQcategoryZ29460QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

get em while you can
Not my auction (hope its ok to post ebay here - I thought it was pertainant)

I emailed this guy because he outbid me on this box of 50 swizzles on ebay.
I emailed him after the auction ended to see if he would sell me several at
reasonable price, and the guy did not even so much as return my email.
Now the greedy guy is selling for starting price of $ 5.00 each.
What an ahole.I say we all boycott this dick and don't buy sh**@t from him,
for the simple fact that he has no class and lacks any type of character.
Peace out
Trader Bill

On 2008-05-20 18:18, 1961surf wrote:
Peace out
Trader Bill

Wow! Those are some serious ebay sour grapes. From those comments, we can all assume that you've never tried to make a profit off of anything that you've ever purchased or that you've at least waited for a really long time after making the purchase before turning around and selling the item.

Did this person break any of ebay's rules by outbidding you? Did he get the seller to end the auction early?

And didn't you essentially find him through ebay and then ask him to complete a transaction with you off site.

Do you know him? Should he trust you?

I don't get it.

T

I just can't believe the $5.00 dollar shipping on a swizzle? I just afford a 10 dollar swizzle :(

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2008-05-21 21:41 ]

U

Peace out
Trader Bill

In response to 1961 Surf's attack on me, I would like to share with the vast Tiki collectors out there what a class guy he is.
This is the email that he sent me:

You outbid me on the auction for these swizzle stick, and I sent you an email that you never answered after the fact. Now you are greedy selling themfor $5.00each. $3-$4 each I can see, but Jesus buddy you are greedy. I will put a post on Tiki Central for everyone not to buys these from you, because you are such a dick about it. You outbid me alot on ebay, I guess I will have to snipe you more often because of your lack of character.

Character, now that is something you obviously lack Bill.

I have read so many people in Tiki Central question your high prices on your mugs, bowls, paintings, and as a matter of fact, just about everything you put up on Tiki Cental. If $1 or $2 dollars stops you from bidding on an item you want, then I really feel sorry for you.

There are so many interesting items and shared knowledge in Tiki Central that it shold not be tainted by insults and attacks. As for me, I certainly hope that the rest of the Tiki Central community realizes that I put them up for sale for others to have. If Tiki Cental has appointed you to be the contact person for anyone that has purchased multiple items on ebay, then it should be made public.

If I have offended anyone, please accept my aplogies.

umeone

..must.......have.......one!!.....

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2008-05-20 19:27 ]

No offense taken here. The original seller made a profit and subsequent buyers also have the right to profit. Atleast you're sharing them with the community. You're all right with me. :tiki: :)

Peace out
Trader Bill

"peace out"...nice touch...especially after that unpeaceful rant....

Tiki Kate- you have it all wrong, and you are walking down the wrong path.
I am not sour that someone beat me on a auction.I get outbid all the time
but ,I don't take it personally.I guess I am losing faith in man kind .
People now a days just seem to have no class... no etiquette if you will.
I can appreciate making money, thats what you go into business for to begin
with.Don't take advantage of people or over charge someone though !
$5.00 for one swizzle and $4,80 to ship one swizzle my dizzle.
Are f**@*n kidding me.This guy paid $4.80 to have the whole box of fifty
sent to him @ $2.56 per stick I factored.Even though I was business major
in college,it doesn't take an Einstein to figure out this guy is reaming people.
But hey if you want to be taken advantage of, by all means its a free country-
go ahead and bid on them .I was simply trying to buy a few swizzles at a fair market
price- plain and simple.Secondly what happened to a little common courtesy.
If someone sends you an email, even if the person isn't interested in selling
them other then on ebay, it least respond to the person.Is that asking too much
to ask for in todays society.I have spoke my peace.I hope we are on the same page
here! I believe one of the ten commandments is ....do unto others as you would
want others to do unto you.Too much wasted energy and dialogue for a couple pieces
of plastic .I think its time for a cocktail.
Peace out

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2008-05-21 18:38 ]

umeone-You have got to be joking.I have a stellar reputation on ebay.
Check my feedbacks.Lets see... you have three negative feedbacks just this month.
Time to expose you for who you really are.I cant believe you would post a personal
email that was meant for you and you only.Your'e really something buddy.
Apparently you are the one that has people very dissatisfied with you as a seller,
and posting negative feedback about you just very recently .
Heres the proof.Sorry for the long URL -I dont know how to shorten them.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=umeone&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2008-05-20 20:14 ]

..yeah......but it was the same buyer all three times !!!......apparently the buyer had such a bad experience with the seller.....that they actually continued to do business with the seller again!!!!...you would think that after such a transaction the buyer would call it quits......seems to me we have a glutton for punishment in agent00jerk!!....

..as for the seller....they may need to pack their items more carefully.....i believe i once gave a tutorial on packing ebay items somewhere on this forum a long time ago.....

and as for you bill....i can't believe it has taken you this long to lose faith in mankind!!...you should have lost it after my first post on tiki central!! har!!..... join the club!!

"Don't sweat the petty stuff - pet the sweaty stuff!!"

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2008-05-20 20:51 ]

I believe one of the ten commandments is ....do unto others as you would
want them to do unto you.Too much wasted energy and dialogue for a couple pieces
of plastic .I think its time for a cocktail.
Peace out

Trader Bill,

Not to rain on your parade any further, but your bible quote is not one of the "Ten Commandments", it is the "Golden Rule".

I think it has been adapted for modern times inasmuch as it is now "He who has the gold, makes the rules", which obviously applies to Ebay or any other auction opportunity. I don't think the price is unreasonable if it is something you want, but again, this is another reason why I avoid buying on Ebay.

Now selling, that's a different story!

PTD

IN DEFENSE OF FAIR PLAY ON EBAY....I am not above profiting..but there is also PROFITEERING. I buy LPs for like a BUCK and then sell them for whatever the end bid ends up & usually there is a decent profit..a few have BLEW UP and that s super kick ass! HOWEVER i always charge Media Rate for shipping ..about 2.50 now ..it used to be about $2. There are people out there who try to make large profit off SHIPPING and that is BS--I have actually argued DOWN a postal rate or two because i KNOW what it costs to send these..only had one guy (so far)get crappy about it but REALLY there is NO WAY a swizzle stick should cost $5 to ship...NO WAY

T

You can always report Excessive shipping charges to ebay. See link http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-shipping.html

I have reported a few here and there, but nothing ever came of them. Just a thought I would let people know that ebay has a system, though it often is flawed.

[ Edited by: thefuzz 2008-05-21 11:37 ]

Thanks Psycho Tiki D- your view is appreciated.I am not the most religious person,
maybe more spiritual then religious.My mistake on the quote- is out of the bible but
not one of the ten commandments.You get my drift though on the message I was trying
to get across.I think sellers on ebay that also buy as well, if anyone should be more
conscionous of the what they are charging for shipping then anybody.

Trader Bill,

No, I am about as far away from religious as you can get, but I had enough good ole gospel beat into me as a child...and now, after all I was taught, I would probably get struck by lightning if I entered a church...which reminds me of time my friend spilled a beer and I laughingly said "I rather see a church burn down than to see you spill one of my beers...but I digress...

I have sold more on Ebay than I will ever buy. Nearly everything I have sold I have bought for next to nothing and made quite a bit on. The money I make on Ebay when I sell allows me to spend more on other items I like to collect, thus enabling me to justify my extravagant purchases to my better half when needs be and I make no apologies for this. It is simply the law of supply and demand.

I myself bid on these swizzle sticks. I was outbid very early on, but I set a limit and was ok that I didn't win. More money to spend in the wild, I always say.

Gouging for shipping is something I have never considered doing, however, one must understand that the charges are for "shipping and handling". After all, is someones time to purchase shipping supplies, wrap, pack, address the package, go to the post office to mail said package worth anything?

Just doin my part!

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am and don't spill a beer around me)!

If any of you would bother to check, the $4.80 is for Priority Shipping. $4.80 is the bottom dollar amount that ANYTHING can be sent via Priority Mail; even one sheet of paper. Go to the USPS website and see for yourselves. This guy is definatley not padding costs. Actually, he's losing money since he's not charging any "handling fees" to cover eBay's and Paypal's fees, gas to the Post Office, packing materials, etc. like most sellers do. I'm sure that if buyers would ask for cheaper First Class shipping in a paper envelope, the guy would ship it that way for less. Anyone bother to ask him that? I've been criticized for "over-charging" on shipping myself as an eBay seller, and it really gets my dander up when people don't check into the facts before attacking.

Speaking of attacks, I agree with Kate: 1961surf IS the sorest of sore losers. Being that vindictive as so much as to try and get everyone on T.C. to turn against this guy, just because he lost the auction and couldn't "get his way" after the fact, is just not cool. If the guy doesn't want to answer an e-mail, does that mean he deserves to be attacked and have his name smeared? WAAAAY Overboard!

By the way, did anyone to the math on this? With shipping, the guy paid $2.55 each, and 1961surf wanted to give him $3-$4? I wouldn't e-mail him back either! That's an insult! At $5 each, the guy is only making $2.45 per swizzle, MINUS eBay and PayPal fees and his other costs. How does that make him greedy? That doesn't seem like he's "reaming people" at all. I don't think anyone here has ever attacked 1961surf like that for his many posts of things that he's bought locally to re-sell here and on eBay at a better price. I'm sure his mark-up is much, MUCH more than $2.50 per item!

I don't see how he feels that he has the right to pass judgement and try to ruin someone's reputation just because that someone chooses not to deal with him. Salem Witch Trials anyone? McCarthy Red-Scare anyone? Bill, as you told me yourself in a P.M. once: "Who died and made you T.C. judge?"

Tiki Lee- I did not offer him $3-$4.00 via email. threw those figure as
hypathetical numbers .I don't care if he doubles his money on a fricken
piece of plastic, but I will damned if I don't get sick about how many
people inflate their shipping charges on ebay.It cost 35 cents for a
padded envelope mailer and $ 1.17 to send first class.I know because I
just sent some to Hawaii,Ohio and Georgia.I cant dignify your false
information and accusataions.Talk about character assination -your
just as guilty as me after the BS you just spewed out.Opinions are
just that.... opinions.You have yours and I have mine,and they are
not changing .Its just kills me how many grand members talk down
to those that are not grand members yet .Opinionated would be an
understatement.

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2008-05-21 21:24 ]

My 2cents...DO NOT judge those you do not know. Do a little background on umeone and you can't find a more passionate and endearing person with a tiki history.

Why such BS over a swizzle stick...

You are right Traveling Jones , way to much dialog and energy spent about a piece of plastic.
Im done .

damn.....gone just a short while and i miss him already.....

Certainly was fun while it lasted...

Buzzy Out!

I got mine!

"You won this item on eBay: RARE MAUNA LOA TIKI SWIZZLE STICK"

:)

P

i know him. he's a hell of a guy. maybe he'll send me one. he's been very generous and nice to me.

I would love to have a swizzle from Detroit someday.... I'd love to have the mugs worse :D maybe I will just go visit Boris's swizzle... good score!

Pages: 1 31 replies