Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Trader Vic's Bellevue ~ TC Meet Up June 1, 2008

Pages: 1 25 replies

D

Sunday, June 1st. 2008, 4PM!!

It’s hard to believe, but its been over 2 years since we’ve met up officially at Trader Vic's in Bellevue, WA.

Vics will reserve a space for us in the bar ~ The happy hour menu is great, but you can also order from the dinner menu. Happy Hour prices are from 3-6 pm.

Post a response to this thread or send me a PM or email [email protected] to be added to the list

$3 Specialty Cocktails
Mai Tai
Vodka Mai Tai
Kauai Sunset
Blue Hawaiian

Edamame 3
Curried Waffle fries 3
Vegetable Stir-fry Rice 3
House Smoke Ribs 4
Vietnamese Summer Rolls 4
Tempura Calamari 4
Assorted Sushi rolls 4
Sesame Crusted Chicken with Chili Mango Dipping sauce 4
Mai Tai Prawns 5
BBQ Pork Sliders with slaw 5

Trader Vic’s Bellevue
Lincoln Square
700 Bellevue Way NE
Bellevue, WA

see you there!

Im so there anyone from the hood wanna pool?

Dang it! I'm out of town for work that day. Will somebody please
drink 1 or 3 mai tai's for me??!

S

I kin pool, but I dont know what time I get off work... if you can meet me at Luna, we can go straight from there, I'll bust my butt to get out by 3:30...
Pea

W

Oh my gawd I'm gonna totally need a new dress fer this!

S

yeah, you better, I have a closet full if ya wanna check it out...

I totally have TIME to make a new dress! Im gonna ase if Iggi and jesse are going, and if so I can drive, and have room for one more with me, or we could all go in someone elses bigger car

PLT

On 2008-05-08 06:21, woofmutt wrote:
Oh my gawd I'm gonna totally need a new dress fer this!

We are so there!!!!!

D

geezlouise, its iffy that i'll be there. my mom's recovery & release from the hospital is not going as i had hoped, so i'm still in San Diego.

i hope all of you have a GREAT TIME and take lots of pictures!!

S

Hey Miss Dogbytes! Sorry to hear things arent going as well as planned. figures.
sooo, who all is in for this?
Should we do a headcount?

W

I had planned to go but if it's shapin' up to be a bust I could happily put it off. (Gotta busy weekend which includes a nasty utility room drain that needs cleaned out.)

T

Anyone mind an unknown newbie like me hittin' the gathering?

torchguy ~ yay.. GO.. it will be fun! introduce yourself ~ i'll be easy to spot the TC'ers, as we're the only ones who EVER wear aloha shirts.

woof ~ ya'll GO!

"sweatpea" ~ i got a few emails: The Fuzz and his girlfriend, and Palapala/Lopaka said they'd attend. as i recall, Dancin Lizard will be out of town, and Bothell Bill is going to hawaii.

it really does look like im staying in san diego till MomBytes feels better.

W

torchguy: Of course yuh should go...That's the whole point of these things. And as Mrs. Bytes said, Tiki Centralites are easy to spot. We're always the best dressed and usually the ones havin' the most fun.

And Mrs Bytes: From the pics on yer blog it seems San Diego has some of the best pastry on the West Coast, so there's some small consolation in that.

Damn. Now I want a Bear Claw.

I just checkedin with Iggi and jesse. they are still undecided. ( probably because Sunday is a scool night) Buuuuuut if they dont coe Ive got room in my truck for poolers. Woof I can pick you and Sweetpea up at Luna? just a suggestion. Dawn

S

coolio miss Dawn, if y'all wanna meet at Luna at 3:30 ish, I think I can be done by then!
Torch! Yes, you should go! Wheeeeeeee, new peeps! YAY!

B

Dawn talked me into going! I'll meet you all there - looking forward to seeing you again Sweetpea!

D

i'm back from So Cal ~ and we'll see you at Trader Vics this afternoon (we'll be there aboot 4:15). YAY.

I currently have a big hole in the side of my house. So I have to close it up BEFORE I cango anywhere. may not make it it time for TV's today.

https://tikicentral.com/uploads/3734/44e0b79e.jpg

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2008-06-01 12:51 ]

D

i sent an open invitation to the Tiki Central folks, hoping to meet some of the noobies ~ none showed up; but we did have 13 of us.. and we had a wonderful afternoon!

here are some pix (blurry because my camera has died)

Sweatpea and Carehrah

Brian and Chris

Frank-Todd & me

Iggi & Jesse

The Fuzz

Tiare and a very startled Sophisti-Tiki

somehow, Sweetpea ends up on the floor

and Jesse does his best Playgirl Centerfold pose

Woofmutt and FishSticks were drinking heavily too, but i didnt get a picture of them.

Chris is enchanted with Brian's fancy drink

Kaleila winds up under the table..

Jet City merriment ~ next time, join us!

T

When might the next such TV's Bellevue meet be? I got sick at the last minute and couldn't get out the door. Hope everyone had a blast - I'll try to attend the next one.

D

On 2008-06-01 23:54, TorchGuy wrote:
When might the next such TV's Bellevue meet be?

anyone can call for a get-together! pick a date and post it.. see who shows!

W

I'm tired of Vic's. What about T.G.I. Friday's??? It's kind of Tiki, right? I mean, it's all about fun, just like Tiki...And I'm sure they have Tiki drinks like Piña Coladas and Strawberry Daiquiris and Slippery Nipples, yeah? Or what about Olive Garden cuz when yer there yer family and ohana means family......And Italy rhymes with Tiki...Also some Olive Gardens are made of stone, just like Moai.

Oh, here's a stone face I made:

And here's my Uncle Roy who used to get stoned a lot because of the war:

S

one mai tai
two mai tai
three mai tai
floor...

W

"one mai tai
two mai tai
three mai tai
floor..."

With that verse and Mrs. Byte's pic I think yuh have this year's Christmas card!

S

I need a santa hat drawn on me...

Pages: 1 25 replies