Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Aloha Expo - Santa Fe Springs, CA

Pages: 1 14 replies

Aloha Expo, a free 2-day event will be held this upcoming weekend May 17-18, 2008, at Heritage Park in Santa Fe Springs, CA. Bring a blanket and spend the day enjoying Hawaiian and Polynesian music and dance, checking out the vendors, and snacking on plate lunch.

Check here for more info and directions.

I looked all over the web site,
what times does this go from , and too?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Is anyone going to this?

You can get more information on the Aloha Expo 2008 by going to their website at http://www.aloha-expo.com.

On 2008-05-13 12:05, tikiblog.com wrote:

You can get more information on the Aloha Expo 2008 by going to their website at http://www.aloha-expo.com.

everything but the times
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

G
GROG posted on Wed, May 14, 2008 12:08 AM

10 am to 6pm on Saturday.
10am to 5pm on Sunday.
Of course, that's not taking into account "island time".

GROG going to LeRoy's art reception on Saturday the 17th, and this Aloha Expo on Sunday.
Anybody going to either event, GROG see you then.

[ Edited by: GROG 2008-05-14 00:11 ]

T

The times are on this flyer:
http://kamaainacluboc.tripod.com/id14.html

I went a couple of years ago - its a fun time. Lots of hula and Polynesian dancing.

Thanks Grog and San,
I may make it for a tid bit on Sat. and then go to the Leroy thing.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I have been calling the contact number all week with no call back. I guess they don't want venders.

Did anyone attend this? If so how was it. I was at a surprise 60th birthday party watching a tequila fueled birthday girl swinging at a unicorn pinata so i missed out.

I wanted to go, but it was just to ungodly hot to got sit in a open park.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Here it comes again...
Aloha Expo 2009 is May 16 and 17 at the same location in Santa Fe Springs, CA.
Flyer is here

Aloha Expo, like Ho'olaulea, is always a wonderful event. For islanders who are now mainlanders, it's a great time to have your "homesick blues" take a back burner. However, it's a great place for anyone and everyone to come get a dose of Aloha. The food vendors are awesome. Sure, you can get malasadas, kalua, lomi, poi..but it's the only time of year I can get pasteles here. Yeah, they're inherently Puerto Rican delicacies, but we love them in Hawai'i! It's a terrific time for the whole family and a very nice day full of Aloha.

It was hot last year, but not too hot to enjoy. I expect it will be the same this year. Bring your lawn chairs or blankets and find a nice, shady tree near the stage and enjoy the beautiful music and lovely dance. The halaus have much talent to share and the keiki hula is always a joy. There's no rum, or other alcohol, so you'll wanna leave your tiki mugs at home. Quite a nice marketplace for shopping, but to be honest, there's not much in the way of Poly-Pop or Tiki culture, although I have seen a couple of handpainted "Tiki Bar" signs in the past couple years. Still, there's beautiful artwork, Hawaiian heirloom jewelry, dance implements, beautiful gourds, handmade pahu drums, t-shirts, etc. The main draw, however is the music and dance and often, there's a nice emphasis on Hula Kahiko (ancient hula) which is always fascinating to watch. Especially men's Kahiko! ::nice::

E Komo Mai! It's a nice time!

Pua

[ Edited by: TikiShopPua 2009-04-22 11:46 ]

Sounds like a great time!
Will mark it on our calenders.
Thanks!

Pages: 1 14 replies