Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Unkle Fun's Banana Boat coming soon

Pages: 1 17 replies

Aloha Tiki Central Ohana, If you didn't know my mug design was the grand prize winner if the Tiki Farm mug contest last year. Here are a few pix's of the clay mold. Not quite sure on the release, but I have a feeling it will be out before the summer. More pix's coming soon.
Cheers.

Sweet design - congrats!

Tama :)

Jeez how many ounces does that thing hold? The non glazed version looks kinda plain. I can hardly wait to see the details on it. Congrats on the win. You're in good company.
Cheers.

That looks like it just may be large enough to hold a drink that can satisfy even my gigantic thirst. Chief Bartender is always complaining that I add floaters to the already strong drinks he mixes for me.

S
squid posted on Tue, May 13, 2008 6:57 PM

It's not quite as ginormous as it looks. Everything above the boat rim and the monkey heads will be trimmed away after casting. But I'm sure it will still satisfy even the most demanding thirst! It was a pleasure to make Unkle's vision come to life!

T

I saw a glazed pic and it looked cool

G
GROG posted on Tue, May 13, 2008 11:53 PM

Why did they glaze the pic?
You'd think they would've saved the glaze for the mug.

I'm pretty sure that teaKey is a bit dyslexic and what he really meant to say was,
"I was glazed and saw a pic and it looked cool".

U

I took it out on the town and had many intoxication libations served in it over the weekend. I was glazed, but not as stunning.

Hopefully glazed donuts come with it.

THAT bowl really is a very nice creation.

She's a beaut!! Congrats on having your idea come to life!

is this going to be a limited run type of mug?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

T

I saw a glazed [noun] pic and it looked cool

boat
donut
Grog

H
harro posted on Wed, May 14, 2008 7:33 PM

looks cool!!

well done!!

Yeah I'm liking that one. Very cool. Anyone check to see how many ounces that thing holds yet?

Would be cool for a banana split too.

U

On 2008-05-18 10:13, Unga Bunga wrote:
Would be cool for a banana split too.

You hit it right on the head Unga Bunga, it's designed to serve a banana split, and once you put the kiddies to bed you can serve your favorite cocktail concoctions. I also found that guacamole works as well.

not only that but after banana splits, drinks, and guacamole, you can put marbles in it and stare at them.
a boat full of colorful marbles is fun.

......and glazed donuts

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader 2008-05-18 16:58 ]

Pages: 1 17 replies