Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

RIP Bamboo Room

Pages: 1 3 replies

This is probably old news...

The other day, we drove by the place formerly known as the yuppie bar knmown as Bamboo Room to see it had been replaced by a place called HEAT.
Which is fitting because it'll be the heat of heck before I go in that place either!

K

On 2008-05-12 08:52, mrexotica wrote:
This is probably old news...

The other day, we drove by the place formerly known as the yuppie bar knmown as Bamboo Room to see it had been replaced by a place called HEAT.
Which is fitting because it'll be the heat of heck before I go in that place either!

If this is the same Bamboo Room that was in Schaumberg, IL, Tikibars reported it closed back in October. Based on his review it's no big loss, although I am curious as to what it's become. Based on the name alone I don't have high hopes, but you never know.

I was at BR before it opened. Had a hunch it was going to be a yuppie joint, & had my hunch confirmed on opening night...

I wouldn't be surprised if the new place is not much different than the old place. Schaumburg is yuppie hell!

.bamboo room sucked eggs!!....who cares whether it rests in peace or not..i say good riddence to bad baggage!!

i heard a rumor that the mai tiki root ball carvings by wayne coombs have been moved and set in cement outside another location.....get out the chain saws boys, and don your ski masks ....the tiki liberation organization needs to set them free!!!

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2008-05-12 10:56 ]

Pages: 1 3 replies