Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

A Weekend of WAITIKI (This Friday and Saturday in Boston, MA) + New Posters by Sam Gambino

Pages: 1 4 replies

Aloha, WAITIKI friends!

Just a friendly reminder to come see us **THIS SATURDAY (May 17) at the Lizard Lounge in Cambridge, MA. ** Doors open at 9 p.m. and we'll be on around 10:30. Up first is the Rhythmic Prophecies Latin jazz quartet from NYC. Tix are $10 at the door. Making his exotica debut is the wonderfully talented vibraphonist, Jim Benoit. The Lizard Lounge is at 1667 Massachusetts Ave. near Harvard Square.

We're also playing a few short tunes at New England Conservatory's Alumni Showcase, this Friday at 8:30 p.m. That event is $10 and includes 2 drink tickets (beer/wine/soft drinks). A number of other great alumni groups are performing also! NEC's address is 290 Huntington Avenue, Boston MA.

Also:

• The WAITIKI Store http://www.waitiki.com/store is now selling "Rendezvous in Okonkuluku" posters designed by Sam Gambino. Order yours today!

• We're going to TIKI OASIS! It's the biggest tiki event on the west coast; held in San Diego by Otto von Stroheim of Tiki News. We will form the core group of musicians for the Robert Drasnin Orchestra and will also play a short set of our own.

• Check out our new videos on Youtube: Search for "okonkuluku" or "waitiki"

Hope to see you all soon...

Okonkuluku from WAITIKI

B

Anyone else going to the Saturday show??

Mention the "monkey paw" & get a free surprise!!!!

See ya there!!

J

Aloha! Well my Saturday night is already booked. I'm taking my friend Keith out for his birthday - drinks at the Wu and then Iron Man. If it was my birthday we'd be heading to Boston. I'll thrown out the monkey paw thing at the Wu though. Maybe they'll tilt the bottle a little longer while pouring some volcanoes.

Jonman, the trick is to engage the bartender in the whole monkey paw dialog at the precise moment of the pouring of the top shelf rum. This way, you don't even have to worry about whether or not it is a viable topic with definite results. No one can talk about the monkey paw and make a short pour.

Not to mention, anyone reading this thread will get to see a preview of the Septet we're taking to Berlin and Retro Cocktail Hour, and get to monkey paw their way to stardom!

Pages: 1 4 replies