Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Pre-Hukilau Mai Kai Meet-up June 5th or 6th 2008

Pages: 1 12 replies

Aloha! We will be in Florida the week before Hukilau and would love to meet up with some East Coast Ohana old and new at the Mai Kai before we head to the Keys. I think we are planning on Thursday and Friday night. Let us know if you can meet us for cocktails.

Mrs. Fury works way too much and Hukilau (no matter when it is) happens when she has a deadline. Work sucks! Okole Maluna......

[ Edited by: bongofury 2008-05-13 17:46 ]

B

Hey b-fury, if you have time and want to travel up the coast an hour or so you are welcome to visit here at my shop and if not I'll see you at the Hukilau

Cool Ben! We will see if that works out, Mrs. Fury would like to meet you and Sherry. She has to be back at work on June 12 so no Hukilau....We have changed the dates that we will definately be at the Mai Kai, see first post.

B

Great, I Think we can make the Mai Kai but it's difficult to do with Sherry's work. But we'll be home every evening maybe have you guys here for dinner or something? We will have to see which way it works out but one thing I Know, We would love to meet you and spend a bit of story time with you whenever we can.

M
mieko posted on Tue, May 13, 2008 7:25 PM

Doh! Hubby and I are flying in on the 7th. Our plans so far for the 7th are to catch some sleep after the red-eye, then we have the rest of the day free. We're leaving for the keys on Sunday the 8th.

Dunno if we want to hit the Mai Kai, or bug some local carvers. :)

Are you guys going to be staying in Key West? Let me know if you want to try to meet up for a drink - nothing like going across the country to meet up with someone that lives in the same state as me. :)

Hi Mieko.....we will be in Key Largo the 7th & 8th and Key West the 9th & 10th.....sent you a PM

B

Not sure what calender I was looking at but we will be Home on the 6th and 7th, My BAd, so whoever wants to come up, well Come on UP!

House sitter lottery has been settled (funny how many people offer when you have a bar in your backyard) and we will be at the Mai Kai this Thursday the 5th for happy hour, then dinner at 7:00 and then........more Molokai Lounge. We are hoping some of you friendly folks will come out and meet us there as Mrs. Fury will not get to see you at Hukilau.

Frday we will head up to visit with Benzart before heading back to the Mai Kai for late night drinks in the bar. Hope to see you there.

B

We made it. Not much sleeping on the redeye. We were on the beach by 8 am. Happy hour at Bahia Cabana (7am-11am $1.00 off drinks) at 10am . Had a nap, now off to the Mai Kai....

What FUN to run into you tonight at the Mai Kai, Mr. and Mrs. Bongofury! See more of you soon! Happy journeys up the coast tomorrow. Maybe we'll see you at the Wreck Bar tomorrow night? -- Kari

B

I really enjoyed Mr and Mrs Bongofury's visit Friday (Where did Saturday go?) and they didn't even get lost. Thanks for coming up guys.

B

Hi Ben........we had a great time! Good seeing you and Sherry and your animals. We also ran into Kari again in Key Largo after snorkeling. Good weather and conditions in the am but was raining hard by the time we got back in around noon. Looked like it was fine for the 3pm trip. Hope you got to go. Off to Key West. This is a good distraction before Hukilau.

So far we have had a great time........ran into Kari & James again in Key Largo Monday night and met up with the friendly Meiko and Phil for cocktails last night. We made it back to Ft. Lauderdale and I dropped Mrs. Fury at the airport. Time for a quick shower and off to the Mai Kai.

Pages: 1 12 replies