Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

The Honeymoon in Hawaii

Pages: 1 3 replies

So we decided awhile back the Honeymoon was to be Hawaii. The old lady's Grandfather has a share of a Condo in Kauai that their family used for years back in the 80s, but as the kids got older they didn't really use it anymore. He kept it anyway, as his idea was he'd never be able to replace it if he let it go, and he just rented his share. He passed away in February, but made sure Grandma knew that we had to have our week in the Islands before they did anything with the property in case something happened to him. I don't think $100 for 8 days on Kauai can be beat. I know that old feller couldn't be. We're getting married in Old West Style on the South Rim of the Grand Canyon so I get to mix Cowboys and Tikis all at once.

We were able to get tickets from Atlanta to Phoenix to Honolulu to Kauai for $550 a piece. Cheaper than driving to New York at this point. Here's the rub: our flight from Phoenix to Honolulu was on ATA and the jump from Honolulu to Kauai was on Aloha. Boom! Outta business the same day. Got ready to suck it up and triple our airfare. We were able to book replacements for everything on Delta for $50 more. Seems like I remember never being able to afford plane tickets before gas got so high.

Looking forward to a week on Kauai and then finishing up the last three days in Honolulu. I gotta see Pearl Harbor and the Polynesian Village. Maybe some tourist junk to finish the trip.

Can't wait to eat Hawaiian Hot Dogs at Puka Dog. I'll have one for Grandpa for sure.

Laffo

Sounds like a dream honeymoon. We did Oahu/Maui for ours. Pearl Harbor is a must.....makes you take stock of the things that matter. If you make it to Waikiki, get a Mai Tai or two at the Sandbar at the Sheraton Waikiki....best ones we've found on the islands (and we've tried plenty) with a view that can't be beat. Congrats and Enjoy!

congrats!

I'm getting hitched in a day less than a month & we're heading to Big Island for some sun & fun. Can't wait!

Tiki art by the one and only Thor. Locally designed and produced art made in Hawaii! Featuring his most recent work titled Rum Rations, art created with Rum!! Yum... Check out our site at http://www.thorstor.com and drop me a line with any questions, [email protected]
ALOHA

Pages: 1 3 replies