Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Still Bored? How about a photo of Jerry Lee Lewis In Hawaii?

Pages: 1 9 replies

B

Aloha...came across this old framed photo at an antique store. Owner was not sure but thought it was a picture of Jerry Lee Lewis near Diamond Head. He got it from an estate that had 6 photos of famous people from the 40s-60s. Who do you think it is?

Can anyone date those bathing suits?

Mahalo

Looks like Jerry Lee Lewis to me. I can tell by the Chantilly Lace...

Didn't he marry (or mess with) underage girls? I see underaged boys there....."Great Balls of Fire!" ?

[ Edited by: purple jade 2006-03-20 21:19 ]

Couldn't get very into the '60's, though, not with those super-tight swimtrunks.

Guys always seem to look older than they are, to me, in old movies and all. The hairstyles always make them look so mature (as did the gals with their short, tight, hairdo's in the '30's-'50's).

B

Hey Popster and Jade....I looked on JLL website to see if there was an old pic to compare and Mrs Fury agrees that the hair, chin and eyes are the same, but no exact match....picture looks older than ....maybe it's his dad.....or????

SugarCaddy.....didn't he get ordained as a minister ? little boys .....yikes....or was that Little Richard?....

S

Or the Reverend Bamboo Ben! :wink:

L

Those bathing suits are from the 30's or 40's, certainly. The hairdos are from that period as well. But the guy doeslook an awful lot like JLL!

Pages: 1 9 replies