Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

What's the best way to display Swizzle Sticks?

Pages: 1 13 replies

So in your opinion what is the best way to display Swizzle Sticks? In a shadow box? A mug or Pilsner glass? Personally I would like to have one of those big tubes filled with water like they do at FAO Schwarz but instead of filling it with Barbie shoes I'd fill it with Swizzles. How do you display yours? Can you show pictures? I don't have a ton but I like them and would like to display them in the best way possible.

best way to display swizzles......in a mug full of your favorite tiki drink !!

C
Cammo posted on Sun, May 18, 2008 8:40 PM

I've made these umbrella holders that stick straight up from a low mug and keep dust off the swizzle sticks, rolled up napkins, straws, etc.

Just drill a tiny little narrow hole in a piece of thick off-cut wood and stand one of those gigantic Party City umbrellas up in it. Works great and looks cool. If the big umbrella gets dusty or faded, yank it out and insert a new one.

Why display them when you can use 'em?

Laytah.

Here is a "NeatO!" way to store your swizzles/stirrers..

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2009-05-20 13:34 ]

primo kimo's display at Kahiki Moon were very impressive

Taboo Dan and Reido like to match Swizzles and ephemera ~ and make cool framed sets~ this one belongs to Sweet Daddy Tiki

i cant find the picture, but Puamana has a Waldorf Swizzle/Postcard set made by TabooTiki.

I like to display them in the mugs from the same places.

S

I've seen people use earthquake putty to put them in the mugs so they can be easily seen and "posed" when stuck to the inside.

I support the above suggestions to this vexing and perplexing collectors' conundrum:

A.) Especially if they have logo Tikis that are the same than the mugs (like The Luau S+P, Mainlander mug, Hawaiian Inn mug for example) these mini totems should be displayed with their mugs (and matchbooks). That's one of the reasons why the Book of Tiki works, it creates this little world of ephemera around a place, much like Taboo Dan's framed assembly.

B.) The earthquake putty works, though sometimes it looks a little stilted to tack them on the outside or inside of a mug. Yet otherwise they just disappear inside .....so what to do? I have not gone that far, but maybe cutting styrofoam discs out that fit in the bottom of the mugs so the swizzles get raised...AND can be stuck into the foam, so they stay in the most advantageous angle (another swizzle display problem!) might be the solution.

Also, correct swizzle stick lighting is quite a demanding challenge. :D

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2008-05-24 00:31 ]

On 2008-05-18 17:02, Bora Boris wrote:
So in your opinion what is the best way to display Swizzle Sticks?

In big boxes.

On 2008-05-25 09:31, Ratzaroony wrote:

On 2008-05-18 17:02, Bora Boris wrote:
So in your opinion what is the best way to display Swizzle Sticks?

In big boxes.

NOW, THAT! is funny

That's pretty darn great, Unga...

Unga,

I love you man.

Pages: 1 13 replies