Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Sabina and Oaktiki's Midwest mini-meander *UT-OH!*

Pages: 1 4 replies

S

I've been away from TC far too much lately (rest assured, this is me, hanging my head in deep shame,) but we are doing a bit of travel and would love to meet up with tikiphile locals along the way. We're off on a micro Midwest pre-hukilau trip, so heads up Chicago (Illinois) and Columbus (Ohio), we're headed you way! (Who says nothing ever happens in the Midwest?)

We'll be out to Chicago for a 'one night only' May 27th. We're probably looking at dinner at Chef Shangri-La followed by a wander over to Hale Kahiki for after dinner drinks, although we're certainly open to suggestions!

Then on May 30th, we'll be doing our 'one night stand' in Columbus, hoping to see all our Ohio Ohana. Not sure quite where we'll be meeting up due to the Tropical Bistro passing into the deep jungle mists (sigh, oh sad!) but again, we're open to suggestions, mainly we just want to see everyone, it's been far too long!

Feel free to use this thread for 'must see while you're in the areas' and as a way to corral locals so we're all meeting up at the same places and times. I'll be in and out checking it as I find time.

Can't wait to see everyone- particularly any folks who we won't be able to see over Hukilau!

"You're getting more interesting by the drink!" -Pepe le Tiki

[ Edited by: Sabina 2008-05-23 01:13 ]

Columbus will be ready for you Sabina!!!! :)

We still got some of the BEST home bars and mixolgists around!!!

See You Soon!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

S

On 2008-05-19 10:32, Jeff Central wrote:
We still got some of the BEST home bars and mixologist around!!!

I couldn't have said it better myself, Jeff!

Columbus, inspires, tempts, and blows me away every time! Love my Ohio Ohana!!!

So glad to hear we'll be seeing you!

(OakTiki's grinning too!)

S

Oh folks, I don't even know how to say this, so I'll just spit it out.

CANCELED.

We hate to disappoint, but we're not going to be doing this trip due to circumstances beyond our control. In classic 'one step forward three steps back' fashion, we're not going to get to meet up. We're both terribly disappointed. We had really hoped to see everyone, we're so overdue!

For those of you who will be at Hukilau, we're definitely aiming to be there.

But for those of you who won't, we're really sorry. We'll see what we can do about getting some more Midwest trips into our not too distant future.

Bummer. :(

Oh well, the Ohio Ohana will be waiting with open arms next time you guys are in town!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Pages: 1 4 replies