Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Ocea Otica staying in Indiana, Pennsylvania, 5/30-6/08 recommendations please

Pages: 1 3 replies

Hey,
Going to try and hit Tiki Bar in Pittsburgh, and a few other places in PA that are mentioned in Tiki Road Trip while I am out there. Do not know the area well, but going to try and get out for some adventure as time permits. If anybody would have an open door to their home bar, let me know. Would love to see some home bars while I am out there. Any other points of interest between Pittsburgh and Indiana would be appreciated. May try to get out to Philly on a weekend as well to show my wife the Manayunk and Roxborrough area.
Thanks

Aloha kaua

[ Edited by: oceaotica 2008-05-28 12:39 ]

R

Not exactly tiki, but ...if you're in the general area of Western PA... and into modern architecture, you might want to visit Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater - http://www.fallingwater.org (or PM me for more info). It's well worth the side trip. There's a copy of KON-TIKI in one of the bedrooms!

Be aware the entirety of Western PA is likely running amok since the Penguins are in the Stanley Cup Finals beginning tonight. Look for black & gold everything, including bagels!

Go to Tiki Bar early if you're going on a Friday or Saturday. If you like wings or big sandwiches, eat at Fathead's down the street!
~Rupe

Thanks rupe33,
fallingwater looks amazing, we are going to try to fit that one in.

driving? through cleveland? i am just getting the outside tiki bar up and running. pm for cell phone.

Pages: 1 3 replies