Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Tiki Tuxedo on 2nd page

Pages: 1 25 replies

B

I've been looking through some of these posts and the art is amazing! I am a drawer/ painter and I am inspired to do some tiki pieces now. I'll post photos as i make progress. here is a tiki pumpkin I carved last Halloween as a teaser and some vaguely tiki/tropical art.

Tiki pumpkin inspired by a pizz painting.

Some early papier mache stage sets I did with my old band the Hairy Buzzard Gizzards.

And a merman painting.

My friend Blindy the Pirate who turned me onto this site drew me a sketch on a bar napkin and i'm working on a painting based on it i'll post my progress here.

[ Edited by: bgizzy 2008-06-01 00:49 ]

[ Edited by: bgizzy 2008-06-23 11:57 ]

[ Edited by: bgizzy 2008-07-07 01:56 ]

[ Edited by: bgizzy 2008-07-29 02:52 ]

I really like the merman painting, great color and architecture - are you a fan of Roger Dean, like I am?

Welcome to Tiki Central, by the way.

B

I love Roger Dean's art, but I don't like Yes. Yacek Yerka influenced the architecture a lot.

FINALLY!!! :lol: :lol:

Remember this picture?

You should post the napkin, because I don't remember what it looks like.

B

Concieved on a bar napkin, this was the seed for the project

So here are the sketches

I'm leaning toward the second one. here is the sketch on canvas, i haven't put paint to it yet, so if you have any suggestions i'd love to hear them.

I don't know man, its gonna be hard to top that napkin picture.
:P :P

Can definitely tell it was drawn after a few of these: :drink:

B
bgizzy posted on Fri, Jun 6, 2008 5:54 AM

Here are some photos of the painting's progression.

O

Cool composition. I like the crab. :P:

B

Getting close to finishing, still have some work to do on the fronds, crab & sky.

Whoa, looks great! love the progress shots!

B

Thanks Duddy, I'd like to gather them together into a flip book like animation.

that'd be a great idea!
...i also like to make the stick-men animation flip books lol

B

Here is the finished painting.

Looks good. Now make another one!!!!!

B

Here's a new one i'm working on.

I like the number of steps you're shooting, it really gives a feel of seeing the whole process. Nice colors, too.

B

Thanks, I'm learning a lot myself about my process of painting by doing these pics. One of my favorite things about this forum is that you can see the paintings in progress & see how they ended up so awesome.

B

[ Edited by: bgizzy 2008-07-07 01:59 ]

B
bgizzy posted on Mon, Jul 7, 2008 2:01 AM

B

I'm flying to Vegas tomorrow to attend the Roller Derby convention. They Have a Black & Blue Ball every year. So I found this long, blue Cedric the Entertainer style jacket and Covered it with tikis & skulls. I also got a blue fez to go along with it. I'll post more pictures when I get back but here are a few of the coat.

back

front

close ups

Very interesting tux! Airbrush? Resist dye?

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2008-07-29 08:18 ]

B

Black fabric marker & silver sharpie.

S

WOW!!!!!!!

Great jacket! Heck, I'd wear it.

B

Here's a couple of pics from the Las Vegas Roller Con.

And of course, I had to pay a visit to Trader Vic's

That jacket came out awesome. I really dig the skulls. It is the best tiki thing you have done. The monochromatic (or bichromatic?) style really works for you. I think your shading skills get lost in the full color paintings. You should find another jacket at the goodwill and cut a square for a canvas.

Pages: 1 25 replies