Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Dragon's Fire Drink

Pages: 1 8 replies

I went to Mister Tiki in San diego this weekend and had a drink called the Dragon's Fire. It had an ingredient "Spicy Pineapple Chipotle Nectar" in it. I have searched for it at liquor stores, on the internet and on here, but I can not seem to find it. I found a pineapple chipotle syrup at Monin (www.moninstore.com), but I am pretty sure I saw them pouring something different that was called Spicy Pineapple Chipotle Nectar... anyone have any thoughts ? Or is the Monin mix what I want ?

Asked the bartender at Mr Tiki & they are using the Monin's. Was that a habanero pepper they serve in the drink? This was my favorite cocktail at Mr Tiki.

Thanks, I must have had too many of them and saw the word "nectar" on the bottle :)

Yes that is a habanero pepper...Mmmmmmm
I am going to get some of that monin's and start making my own !!!

A

Out of curiosity, what else is in this cocktail?

On 2008-05-28 14:32, arriano wrote:

From their menu:

Dragon's Fire $ 9.00 Montecristo White rum, Licor 43, spicy pineapple-chipotle nectar, pineapple and lime juices.

On 2008-05-28 18:42, bewarethe151 wrote:

From their menu:

Dragon's Fire $ 9.00 Montecristo White rum, Licor 43, spicy pineapple-chipotle nectar, pineapple and lime juices.

My guess from seeing him make it is equal parts rum and pineapple chipotle, then half that of licor 43 and pineapple juice then half that of lime...but I was drunk, so I am only guessing from what i saw. I have everything but the Monin's Pineapple Chipotle now, and am just waiting for that through mail order...can't wait to make it myself. If anyone has the exact recipe that would be great !!!

On 2008-05-29 19:32, JeanLafitte wrote:

On 2008-05-28 18:42, bewarethe151 wrote:

From their menu:

My guess from seeing him make it is equal parts rum and pineapple chipotle, then half that of licor 43 and pineapple juice then half that of lime...but I was drunk, so I am only guessing from what i saw. I have everything but the Monin's Pineapple Chipotle now, and am just waiting for that through mail order...can't wait to make it myself. If anyone has the exact recipe that would be great !!!

They probably just mix a ratio of chipotle pepper with pineapple juice. It would make sense because it's easier than ordering the Monin product, which probably ain't that good to begin with, though I could see them going the other way too.

OK, I got the Monin's. It is GREAT. My recipe that tastes just like the Dragon Fire is: 1 part Monticristo rum, 1 part Licor 43, 2 parts Pineapple juice, 1 part Monin Chipotle Pineapple, and 1 limes juice, shake with ice and pour into a brandy snifter with the ice. Garnish with pineapple and hot pepper. Enjoy !

On 2008-06-06 15:30, JeanLafitte wrote:
OK, I got the Monin's. It is GREAT. My recipe that tastes just like the Dragon Fire is: 1 part Monticristo rum, 1 part Licor 43, 2 parts Pineapple juice, 1 part Monin Chipotle Pineapple, and 1 limes juice, shake with ice and pour into a brandy snifter with the ice. Garnish with pineapple and hot pepper. Enjoy !

J. Lafitte, I picked up a bottle of the Monin syrup and got to mix'n. Wow, you're right, great cocktail, thanks! On my second, I subbed Damiana for the 43 and it was good variant. I'll continue to experiment.

Pages: 1 8 replies