Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Finally ~ thrift store find

Pages: 1 3 replies

D

i've been reading all you fortunate tikiites finding stuff at thrift stores. today was my day! i got a Daga pineapple mug from the New Otani.. for 75 cents! yay for me!

elicia

I
isaca posted on Sun, Jun 2, 2002 9:36 AM

Cool. we are very proud. Now go make a rum punch.

Hey, I found 4 great Tiki Lelani mugs the other day (also picked up some Playboy Club mugs too) at the thrift store for a buck a piece! Then, at the trusty flea market, I found not one, but two mugs: a later style $2 Kahiki Mug #1 (Headhunter) and a $1 PMC looking mug (kinda the "peanut" style).
But my big find over the weekend was this awesome bamboo end table with formica top. Very sturdy, very old...and to me a bargain at $8.00.

I like hearing of successful tiki hunts (as long as they are NOT in Ohio - because that means that there is less for me for find.)

Happy Hunting! Keep posting your successes!
:sheckymug:

M

I just found a New Otani pineapple mug today at an antique store for $5. I bought it because it had the "DAGA" stamp on the bottom, but I know nothing about it. Can anyone fill me in on more info about this mug? Is it from the Trader Vics in the New Otani? The back of the mug says "The New Otani - Kaimana Beach Hotel - Waikiki Hawaii". Any help would be great.

Mahalo

Pages: 1 3 replies