Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Found: Giant Tiki For Sale

Pages: 1 12 replies

TIT

Hi, everyone --

For some reason, my local party store has this giant tiki for sale. He's about 6 ft tall and about 2 1/2 ft wide. He's made of some sort of resin, so he feels almost wooden but doesn't weigh as much as wood. His red eyes light up. They want $850 for him, which I don't think is completely unreasonable given his size. I think he'd look pretty great in the backyard. Opinions? Has anyone seen one like this at a party store before?

I wish it would turn and eat those hideous things next to it...

haven't seen him yet, but if you pay $300+ for the foam block, i'll carve you one for another $200- light up eyes included. another $100 for finish(color and hardening spray) the finished product will have about the same weight and will withstand all four seasons of our northern continent without cracking. looks good, though. maybe a good buy for $400.?

K

He looks like one of those rental tikis people rent for their backyard luaus. I saw one just like him in CA at a place that rents that kind of stuff. Any idea who the mfg is?

Yeah, for $850 you could get a real carver here on TC to carve something bigger AND better.

hi-

don't know where you live, but you can buy these direct from the maker.....and if you live near them, it will save you shipping if you just pick it up...i've seen these every year at their booth when i go to these halloween trade shows....they have a couple of styles and a killer tiki bar that features a carved lookin top suported by 2 of these scaled down giant tikis...and i also think the eyes light up on those as well...the company that makes them is called big stuff ( not to be confused with the company that makes giant novelty pencils, golf balls and such)...you can do a search and find them on the web......

p.s.....if you ever see them at a trade show, wait till the last day, then offer to buy him.....you can get the tiki for about $300 cause they hate repacking him and having to ship him back home....

here's the link:

http://www.bigstuff.biz/gallery/

check out the tiki bench, the stools and bars.......also dig the fresh caught shark hanging from the rigging.....that would be cool in any tiki backyard.......

personally, i wanna get a couple of the fiberglass dinosaurs they sell for my backyard for my tiki bar that time forgot theme....

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2008-05-29 05:02 ]

B

I like the bench but they should make the Tikis "groan" when anyone sits down! LOL

K

That looks almost as sweet as the traditional totem pole it's resting next too.

$8.50

Any idea whether that store will rent him? A couple of big tikis would be great for a backyard luau.

Giant tikis should be in the backyard 24/7 365 days a year ,
but hey you knew that already-right!

On 2008-05-31 14:50, 1961surf wrote:
Giant tikis should be in the backyard 24/7 365 days a year ,
but hey you knew that already-right!

I agree. But a luau requires a higher backyard TIPSY factor than the wife will allow for normal living conditions. Hence the need for rentals.

isnt there one at tikiland in SD?

Pages: 1 12 replies