Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Shangri-La/ The Archway Island, London photos

Pages: 1 19 replies

Thought I should share some photos of our latest project here in London.
Unfortunately the Client is quite indesisive and although we had the name "Shangri- La" chosen he has changed his mind to " The Archway island"
Lynne McTiki you are still the winner though.
Tikis are still to be added, now on to the next one.

[ Edited by: cheekytiki 2008-06-01 09:59 ]

I want to live there!

Jamie, great job, very nice lighting! Archway Island just doesn't do this place justice, it should be something more evocative, seductive.
The walls seem a little...barren, somehow. :D

On 2008-06-01 09:55, cheekytiki wrote:

Stunning. The play of light and shadow is very effective.

-Sweet Daddy T.
Because crap doesn't buy itself.

blog

[ Edited by: Sweet Daddy Tiki 2008-06-01 11:57 ]

G

SDT, those were the same photos I was going to highlight. Just add flotsam and jetsam, and of course tikis, and you've got one spectacular space. Poly pop tiki may have started in the States, but nobody is doing it better than CheekyTiki these days. It really thrills me to see this. I so want to visit their places SOON!

PS - On the name, I agree. Archway Island just doesn't cut it. Many of the suggestions in that thread were superior.

[ Edited by: GatorRob 2008-06-01 15:47 ]

T

Hey Jamie and Anjy

Another great job - last time I saw it you'd just started clearing out all the old deco. Massive transformation.

Looking forward to meeting up with the britiki crowd for a drink or two soon.

Keep us posted on opening date.

as the newest britiki (?) it looks great - please let me know when it opens - and of course, where it is ;0

B

Great Job!

UB

On 2008-06-01 09:55, cheekytiki wrote:

About time someone built a Tiki bar dance floor with a pole in the middle. :)

Seriously, looks like a great place

H
harro posted on Wed, Jun 4, 2008 2:34 PM

Awesome job Cheeky. Miles of bamboo in there. Can't wait to see it in person!

Once again a fantastic job by the cheekies... you guys go from strength to strength.

Any more news yet on when this venue is opening?

N

We're going to be in London the first week in October. Any chance this place will be open then (or maybe a chance for a sneak preview :wink:)?

T

Wow...NICE !

I Love the diffused orange light from the ceiling. Gives the place a really nice glow.

I wish someone would build a place like that here.

P
pablus posted on Tue, Aug 5, 2008 4:43 PM

Smashing! Fabulous job - cheekytiki!

Did I read something about "the next one?"

Hi everyone!

BastardoSaffrin is in london in three weeks. I guess the answer is NO, but is this bar already open?

Thanks!

R

Any word on "Archway Island" yet? I'll be in London in a few weeks 26&27 and would love to check it out.

Any updated info about this place?? Looks cool...

Did some research and Archway Tavern is no more, it's now called Dusk till Dawn. Apparently, the Archway Island tiki bar is still there but is only open for private events...

W

It's beautiful, I want one of those!

Pages: 1 19 replies