Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Sunday, june 15th Mission Bay Rockabilly Picnic was a blast. New pics

Pages: 1 10 replies

Bring the family, bring some refreshments, and an appetite for fun in the sun, San Diego style!

Mission Bay Rockabilly Picnic
Hosted By: Various
When: Sunday Jun 15, 2008
at 11:00 AM
Where: Mission Bay
North of Clairemont Dr at Mission Bay Drive
San Diego, California|5 92110
United States
Description: Family pic-nic, complete with tiki carvers, acoustic music, and fun in the sun!

[ Edited by: Billy the Crud 2008-06-01 14:13 ]

[ Edited by: Billy the Crud 2008-06-02 18:30 ]

[ Edited by: billy the crud 2008-06-12 11:14 ]

[ Edited by: billy the crud 2008-06-18 18:33 ]

BtC - Can we bring booze or is the SD beach booze ban gonna net us a $150.00 ticket? Maybe this falls under the category of "special events", but I doubt it knowing this town.

Alcohol is prohibited at all times at all City of San Diego beaches and beach parks as well as State Beaches. Beach rules and "guidelines" can be found here- http://www.a-zsandiegobeaches.com/beachsafety.htm

This is an event that I was invited to carve at, so I can't really say yes or no.......or even make suggestions on how to get around it, but we were all kids once and are probably pretty good at hiding things that we are doing, as long we stay cool.

I haven't gotten many replies on this one here, but the Myspace list is vast. This is going to be a fun event for kids, parents, and friends!

Tiki carving, Hawaiian Punch,The beautiful San Diego weather,Barbeque burgers and carne asada,Watermelon, fun new people, and old friends!

i dunno if ill be abble to make this one, its fathers day and my grandmas birthday, but if i find some free time between that ill be sure to come down and chop a little while

C
Cammo posted on Sat, Jun 14, 2008 5:56 AM

I didn't realize how close this was to our place - I'll try to swing by even though it's Fathers Day, my Gramma Matilda's birthday, our anniversary, the first day of the Del Mar Fair, and International Blueberry Pie Day.

But if chips are on the floor, Cammo's at yer door!

I'll be getting there around 9-10 to set up and get a good spot. I'll have an easy-up and be barbequing some homemade carne asada with my family and carving a 6 footer. There's going to be a lot of people at this pic-nic. Cool beans, man. Hope to see some of you there, even if just for a drive-by.

Had a blast!
Thanks to Buzzy for lending me the easy-up, thanks to Cam for showing up and carving, and thanks to everyone else for bringing food, kids, good conversation, and enjoying what Fathers Day is all about!!

looks like it was a blast, crud man

On 2008-06-17 10:42, tikithomas08 wrote:
looks like it was a blast, crud man

It was Thomas, thanks. Next up is The Tower Bar Tiki Party on July 20th and you're invited to carve with me there. The promoter LOVES Ska and wants to talk to you about your band as well. I'll keep you posted and have a thread up on it in a couple of weeks or so.

killler dude! once you got info on the chop let me know and ill whip up a poster for it

Pages: 1 10 replies