Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Need Help to Identify this little guy

Pages: 1 6 replies

AT

Gang,
Any info would be appreciated. I picked him up for about $10 in a little store in Kentucky back in January.I figured he wasn't anything rare, but tiki is tiki and he needed a home.

He stands about 8 inches tall. The tiki lamp on page 184 of BoT is the closest likeness I have seen, but my tiki isn't quite the same. He is very flat on top. His feet are padded with thin felt.

Thanks
Chris

[ Edited by: Angry Tiki on 2003-03-03 19:20 ]

[ Edited by: Angry Tiki on 2003-03-03 19:54 ]

L
laney posted on Mon, Mar 3, 2003 10:32 PM

Sorry, but to me this looks like the tiki statues they sell at every ABC store in Hawaii. I hope I'm wrong but Gecko, can you run to the corner and check? :wink:

AT

I didn't think I found a "real" treasure or anything.
I was just wondering where it may have come from-- and if it came from an ABC shelf that's OK with me.

The lady wanted around $30 for it and there was no way I was going to pay that much for it. The condition is a little too good to have been from the 50's like she claimed. When I pointed that out, the price dropped $20.

Chris

It's a typical monkey pod wood souvenir tiki from Hawaii. Could be 50's, who knows?

A

I've seen Tikis like this at Hilo Hatties in Orange. They sell for like $60.00. Not cheap.
Mahalo,
Al

T

Don't know what planet this guy's on, but they want almost $100 bucks for one. They also, however, want $35 for a Trader Dicks Peanut Mug.

http://www.aloha-cruz.com/tiki.htm

AT

Thanks for all of the info. It is appreciated.
Chris

[ Edited by: Angry Tiki on 2003-03-05 08:06 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies