Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Sunday Luau Brunch at Kona's, 6/8 @ 12:00

Pages: 1 18 replies

SoccerTiki and I will be going to Kona's for Brunch this Sunday, June 8th at 12:00. If you would like to join us just let us know and we will add you to our reservation. (Make sure you go to Kona's website http://www.samshb.com to get your $5 off of Brunch Coupon)

Sunday Luau Brunch
Featuring TUPUA, Music and Dance from the South Pacific!

Sunday Brunch Buffet features your favorites like cook to order omelette's, thick sliced bacon, big breakfast sausages, Kings Hawaiian Bread French toast with cinnamon rum raisin syrup, cooked to order white chocolate & Macadamia nut pancakes, ginger-rum glazed ham, peel & eat shrimp, snow crab legs, kalua pork, fresh salads, fresh fruit, sweet & sour glazed salmon, baked fresh Sole with Mango Salsa, an excellent array of desserts, free flowing Domaine Ste. Michelle Champagne and much more!

Adults $26.95, Children 2 to 10 $6.95, Children under 2 free
For reservations or information call 562-592-1321

D

Just an FYI...
There is no coupon on the web site but 1 coupon is good for up to 8 people. Thanks for the post!

On 2008-06-07 09:22, drinqwine wrote:
Just an FYI...
There is no coupon on the web site but 1 coupon is good for up to 8 people. Thanks for the post!

If anyone needs a coupon just PM and I will send you one :)

WooHoo!!! Kona's Sunday Luau Brunch gets Two Thumbs Up :) What a perfect way to end the weekend.

The Buffet had a little something for everyone. The food was delicious!!

The champagne (with a splash of pineapple juice) kept flowing all afternoon. Hiphiphula-Thanks for letting us break in your new bowl.

The entertainemnt was Tiki-rrific!

The Hidden Village looks better than ever.

Everyone had a fun time.

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2008-06-09 12:55 ]

I have to say the brunch was awesome! Not only were the staples of any good brunch available(free-flowing champagne, peel-n-eat shrimp, crab-Yes! I said CRAB!-legs, omelette bar, macadamia nut pancakes, King's Hawaiian french toast, MOCO LOCOS!!!, Bruddah's Spam Rolls, chicken and beef satay, kalua pork, Teriyaki glazed salmon, eggs, bacon, sausage, salad bar, DESSERT BAR, and much more!), but also there was the Polynesian Atmosphere of the banquet room AND live entertainment by REAL Polynesians!!! Dancing, singing and Tahitian Drumming!!! Whatta Brunch!!! "It was like a mini vacation!" I heard being said by a few different people there and I have to agree! Don't miss out on this fun, affordable Sunday activity!

KONA gets a big WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO! and 2 :drink:'s up!!!

R

Sounds real good. I definitely want to try it sometime. Sorry I couldn't make it this time.

T

Man,

That looks awesome !

Ahhh...behold the Hidden Village !

eggcelent
can't wait to go.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

This Edible "Moai" on a Stick appeared on Hiphiphula's plate during brunch.

Wow, that is a close second to Babalu's famous Hot Dog Tiki!

And I am so glad that there are no more cheap plastic lawn chairs in the Hidden Village and the waterfall is going strong. I wonder where things are at with the owner wanting to raze it all for condos, I am always weary when things are quiet, remembering how the Playa del Rey Polynesian Village Apts were doing well and going strong and -wham-, one day the construction fence was up and it went within a couple of weeks.

Best thing to do is support the place by frequenting it regularly, and enjoy it while it's still there!

Kona looks fantastic! The new owner had the place all dressed up I've never seen it look better.! GO! Make it your Fathers Day gift! So worth it :)

we are going tomorrow for fathers Day, and to see the smokin Menahunes at 7 pm.
will prob get there at 6 ish.
hope to see some more tiki peeps there too.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Wow, holy moley! This restaurant looks absolutely crazy. Waterfalls, live shows, and food carved into tikis...that's incredible.

On 2008-06-15 06:05, procinema29 wrote:
This restaurant looks absolutely crazy. Waterfalls, live shows, and food carved into tikis...that's incredible.

Well, isn't that what your average neighborhood Tiki temple used to be like, and why we like Tiki? :D
The incredible part might be that it's still like that.

We managed to get in for Father's Day brunch yesterday, and I will echo every bit of WooHoo's enthusiasm. We sat in the Kona Room, right up by the stage. As soon as we sat down, one of the hula girls pulled me up on stage for a couple of minutes of HORRIBLE hula dancing by myself. Hula should definitely be left to the professionals! The food was excellent, as was the service. At one point I looked back at the full room behind me...with all the men in Hawaiian shirts wearing leis and all the nicely dressed women and families, it looked just like the postcards of the Tiki palaces seen in The Book of Tiki and Tiki Modern. One thing - why is the musical entertainment named "The Jerome Gray Trio"? Seriously, those guys need a more islander-type name!

On 2008-06-16 09:34, Jason Wickedly wrote:
One thing - why is the musical entertainment named "The Jerome Gray Trio"? Seriously, those guys need a more islander-type name!

Did Tapua play??

On 2008-06-16 17:02, WooHooWahine wrote:

One thing - why is the musical entertainment named "The Jerome Gray Trio"? Seriously, those guys need a more islander-type name!

Did Tapua play??

That's the group that played...is that what they were named? I could have sworn the CDs up front said Jerome Gray Trio, I thought it was strange. Hmmm maybe a little too much champagne....

At one point I looked back at the full room behind me...with all the men in Hawaiian shirts wearing leis and all the nicely dressed women and families, it looked just like the postcards of the Tiki palaces seen in The Book of Tiki and Tiki Modern.

I picture this scene in my head and am envious. That is great you were there to participate and soak it all in, good for you!. When my wife and I stopped by for this brunch a couple weeks back, only a few other tables were occupied. I felt it a shame not more people were there to enjoy the atmosphere, entertainment and great food.

We did get there kind of late so maybe we just missed the crowd?
Or, maybe Kona’s brunch is gaining popularity?

Cheers,
Sofa King

On 2008-06-17 12:30, Sofa King wrote:

At one point I looked back at the full room behind me...with all the men in Hawaiian shirts wearing leis and all the nicely dressed women and families, it looked just like the postcards of the Tiki palaces seen in The Book of Tiki and Tiki Modern.

I picture this scene in my head and am envious. That is great you were there to participate and soak it all in, good for you!. When my wife and I stopped by for this brunch a couple weeks back, only a few other tables were occupied. I felt it a shame not more people were there to enjoy the atmosphere, entertainment and great food.

We did get there kind of late so maybe we just missed the crowd?
Or, maybe Kona’s brunch is gaining popularity?

Cheers,
Sofa King

I think a big part of it was that it was Fathers Day...we called Saturday night for reservations and they told us they were booked solid. We took a chance and just showed up. Hopefully the pace keeps up....gotta keep it open, there's a wedding reception coming up there next year! :wink:

Pages: 1 18 replies