Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: unmarked tiki mug ebay auction....maybe you can help?

Pages: 1 7 replies

I was put to the task of helping clean out a family members attic recently and found many interesting things but one I just put to the side was a box containing some Tiki mugs. I've seen tiki mugs at yard sales and goodwills for years and while I find them intersting I never bought. But anyway, I decided to do a little research about these tiki mugs and it brought me here. I have an Otairi mug and it is in nice shape and a Hawaiian Inn mug but there is one that I was not sure about and gave it a starting bid of $4.00 and it is already at $49.00 with two days left to go...can anyone tell me anything about this mug? It is unmarked and I have no idea what it is...shed some light on it if you can!! thanks...derek....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110259421608&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=001

hi- if you can get a copy of the book tiki quest, you will find that there were a series of mugs in that particular airbrushed style.....they have pictures of them as well.....nice little trove of mugs you found...normaly, we don't like to disclose mug values to folks cause we here might want them for our collection and the very last thing we need is for sellers to think they found something of value cause we said so, then raise the starting bids all to hell or put a high reserve on the mug and then we end up screwed....that said, the mugs you have are probably common and if you sell the rest of them in the box that you have left to me for $50 total, i'll take those things off yer hands fer ya....assuming you have more left..or are those the only three you found??

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2008-06-05 15:43 ]

On 2008-06-05 15:41, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
hi- if you can get a copy of the book tiki quest, you will find that there were a series of mugs in that particular airbrushed style.....they have pictures of them as well.....nice little trove of mugs you found...normaly, we don't like to disclose mug values to folks cause we here might want them for our collection and the very last thing we need is for sellers to think they found something of value cause we said so, then raise the starting bids all to hell or put a high reserve on the mug and then we end up screwed....that said, the mugs you have are probably common and if you sell the rest of them in the box that you have left to me for $50 total, i'll take those things off yer hands fer ya....

ha! I bet you would! To late for me to put a big reserve on any of them because they are already up for bid and I never pull an uaction! I never knew that they were so many tiki collectors around, I guess I know what to look for now....but if they don't sell maybe then I'll take that $50 off of ya....

There were a couple others but they all are duplicates of each other, several from the Hawaiian Inn, ect....

=

awww.......you saw right through me!! well don't tease.....

...let's see some pics of the other ones you have in case i gotta cash in grandmas gold teeth !!!

...and there are only about 10 tiki collectors in the world, all told......the rest of us are just hangers on, more into the rum and the cheap party store tiki crap than anything else!!!!! Har!!

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2008-06-05 16:46 ]

On 2008-06-05 16:43, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

awww.......you saw right through me!! well don't tease.....

...let's see some pics of the other ones you have in case i gotta cash in grandmas gold teeth !!!

...and there are only about 10 tiki collectors in the world, all told......the rest of us are just hangers on, more into the rum and the cheap party store tiki crap than anything else!!!!! Har!!

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2008-06-05 16:46 ]

I have three mugs up for auction right now...just go to the one listed above and check my other auctions...when I get a chance I will try to add some others...

B

trifecta,

Let me know if you get any info on that mug. I picked one up at a vintage store months ago, and have never found out anything about it.

On 2008-06-05 21:16, BrickHorn wrote:
trifecta,

Let me know if you get any info on that mug. I picked one up at a vintage store months ago, and have never found out anything about it.

I have found out nothing...but the good news is that while cleaning out my ebay storage closet I found a matching mug to the one I sold on ebay. I went ahead and listed it tonight. Also listed another Hawaiian Inn mug. If any of you guys bid on it let me know, I had about twenty people watching the last auction. Anyway, thanks for the help and info! Almost forgot here is the link to the new auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110262253276

derek

Pages: 1 7 replies