Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Taschen's "Tiki Style" Icon edition running out

Pages: 1 6 replies

This is just a heads up that the Reader's Digest version of the Book of Tiki, "Tiki Style" has reached the end of its print run and will not be re-printed as far as I know. I just bought the last five copies they had at the Taschen store in Cologne for my crew here.

It still should be available in other stores, but not for long. It's "Temporarily out of stock" at Amazon, they are usually good at digging up back stock. "Tiki Style" has always been the stepchild of my books, but now I feel sad to see it go. For some better news, I noticed a couple of Book of Tiki copies on Amazon available for around 50.- bucks...still a lot, but better than the close to 100.- bucks price tags they had for a while.

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2008-06-08 02:10 ]

V
virani posted on Sun, Jun 8, 2008 9:29 AM

that's sad. I always love this carry on version. I offered copies to many friends.
It's a great way to explain what Polynesian pop culture is without having to show the all BOT.

PS : nice shirt you have there !

Mahalo, Nicolas. By the way, that ain't no shirt, that is (as many locals know) the proud uniform of the Tiki Ti regular: Their 45th Anniversary jacket with embroidered designs by Miles Thompson:

Close up of back:

Closer ups of front:

Tiki Style is the book that got me into tiki, and gave me all of my ideas when I started building my tiki bar. I bought one just to use the ephemera-like pictures to put on my bar with resin, and the book's a steal at around $10. Luckily I just got my hardback Book of Tiki for right around $60 (the prices really have gotten more reasonable lately) on amazon. It totally lived up to the hype. Awesome work.

T

I just got one today for my birthday (thanks to the wifey), great book! I haven't read the whole thing yet, but look forward to doing so. I have of course gone through and looked at all the excellent pics already :) How does the size compare between this one and the "Book of Tiki", and how much more content is in the BOT?

EDIT- one more question, mine is the "Old Navy" version, any difference between that and the Reader's Digest version(just out of curiosity)?

[ Edited by: TikiTres 2008-06-09 21:49 ]

Ooooh, you got the rare "censored" version! :)

More about that here:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=13840&forum=5

T

LOL! It figures my wife would get me the version with the least amount of boobage in it :D

Pages: 1 6 replies