Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Not enough Hukilau Threads!!! post more everywhere!!!

Pages: 1 21 replies

....was just thinking that there should be a few more due to this is the last HUKILAU!!

Catch my drift???

K
KuKu posted on Mon, Jun 9, 2008 6:46 PM

Ben, the only thing drifting will be my drunk and bloated bod off the coast of the Clipper... :D

PI

I'll get the net.

OK, this will be my wife's and my first Hukilau.

We'd like to know whether shorts and hawaiin shirts will be OK dress for everywhere, including the Mai Kai?

[ Edited by: Tiki Champagne 2008-06-09 18:53 ]

K
Kenike posted on Mon, Jun 9, 2008 7:00 PM

We'd like to know whether shorts and hawaiin shirts will be OK dress for everywhere, including the Mai Kai?

Get ready for a bazillion "are you kidding me?" type answers.

To answer your question, YES, it's pretty much required.

J

Tiki Champagne you pretty much described the uniform requirement for the weekend. Though I believe pants are optional this year.

Get ready for one awesome time!

best to wear swimwear around bamboo ben. :D

D

banana slings!

On 2008-06-09 20:08, dogbytes wrote:
banana slings!

banana slugs

On 2008-06-09 19:59, Johnny Dollar wrote:
best to wear swimwear around bamboo ben. :D

I'll be bringing my Fake Cell Phone!!!

Jump to: navigation, search
For other uses, see Karma (disambiguation).
"Kamma" redirects here. For other uses, see Kamma (disambiguation).
Spirituality Portal
Karma (Sanskrit: कर्म k¨¢rma (help¡¤info), k¨¢rman- "act, action, performance"[1]; Pali: kamma) is the concept of "action" or "deed" in Indic religions understood as that which causes the entire cycle of cause and effect (i.e., the cycle called saṃs¨¡ra) described in Hindu, Jain, Sikh and Buddhist philosophies.

The philosophical explanation of karma can differ slightly between traditions, but the general concept is basically the same. Through the law of karma, the effects of all deeds actively create past, present, and future experiences, thus making one responsible for one's own life, and the pain and joy it brings to him/her and others.

is there a pool party thread yet?

2 pools??

Cannonball!

Ben, I believe the Clydesdales are in route to your room to drop off the week’s shipment of Bud!!

PI

Work would be so much better right now if I had a Black Magic in hand.

maybe someone needs to put one up on the ocean condtions.....

Sea lice "season" generally runs from April through August (although they may appear at any time of year) and affects most of the coastal United States, the Gulf of Mexico, the Caribbean islands, Mexico, and South America.

Locally heavy sea lice outbreaks are common occurences along both Florida coasts in the summer months.

Mexico's popular tourist destinations including Cancun and Cozumel tend to experience particularly heavy concentrations of sea lice. Some beaches in the US, Mexico, and the Caribbean utlize a flag warning system to alert bathers to sea lice danger during periods of severe outbreaks

K
KuKu posted on Tue, Jun 10, 2008 7:46 AM

I like my sea lice sauted in a light rhum sauce...

I'll be providing free sea lice de-lousing services for the ladies!

L
Loki posted on Tue, Jun 10, 2008 12:50 PM

As of this morning we have green flag conditions. That means no sea lice. No rip currents and smooth sailing. Sorry Matt.

Check this site for updates.

http://www.fortlauderdale.gov/oceanrescue/

[ Edited by: Loki 2008-06-10 12:51 ]

When you get here. Look to the Lifeguard stands or signs at the hotel. PURPLE flags means "sea pests"! When you get out of the water hose yourself down - inside and out. They usually get trapped in tight bathing suits or straps. I have found that rum seems to take the edge off any outbreaks (which don't show up till after you have dried off)! The less you have on in the water, the less likely you will have an outbreak, but no guarantees. :)

O
Otto posted on Tue, Jun 10, 2008 9:05 PM

On 2008-06-09 18:43, RevBambooBen wrote:
....was just thinking that there should be a few more due to this is the last HUKILAU!!

Catch my drift???

great idea Ben - oops, I guess I shoulda started a NEW post/thread for my post?

(just don't start threads like this for Oasis, OK, I don't want it to look messy!)

PI

So swimming naked in a rum fountain would be ideal....

On 2008-06-11 03:23, Pomaika i wrote:
So swimming naked in a rum fountain would be ideal....

Last one is is a rotten lime!

[splash]

Pages: 1 21 replies