Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Rare Coco Palms & more Ending Tonite!

Pages: 1 7 replies

TL

Aloha Folks!

Here's the link to my auctions this week:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZastro-lounge

..and here's a few photos of some of what you'll find there:

...and more, More MORE!!! :D

Mahaloz For Lookin', & Happy Biddin'!

[ Edited by: Tiki Lee's 2008-06-12 13:13 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Lee's 2008-06-16 14:06 ]

Some cool stuff ENDING TONITE! Go Check 'em!

3 Rare Mugs Ending Tonite! Click Away!

TIKI LEE ,on your chuck lamp ,do you think you got a fair price? looks like there was no activity until the last couple min. then time ran out.i think the snipeing programs are screwing the sellers. what say you?

David: I don't think that sniping programs hurt, since they only bid as high as someone else is willing to bid. So with that train of thought, there has to be someone else out there that is willing to bid more than the program. Sniping's been around since the beginning, and if someone wants something bad enough, they'll be sitting there waiting for the auction to end so they can snipe it too- program or no program. Have you ever seen what happens when two programs go at it? The recent Vicious Virgin bowl auction that ended at over $1400 comes to mind.

Anyway, in the past this lamp would have gone for more. These days, however, folks just don't have the xtra cash for stuff like this anymore. Dissappointed? A little. Un-Happy with the out come? No. I didn't have to give it away and it was a fair amount more than I paid for it.

Now, that being said, EVERYBODY go see my auctions ending tonite and snipe 'til ya drop!

my complaint is not with snipeing ,it is with the auction stopping int he middle of it. seems to me there should be a 'going,going, gone' feature on ebay so all the snipeing programs can play their selves out to there 'max' bid . thus giving the seller the 'true' best bid. not just stopping in the middle of the bid war ,cutting short the war.

That's the way Yahoo Japan works. If a bid is placed in the last 5 minutes of the auction, the auction time is extended another 5 minutes. The auction doesn't end until no new bids are placed for 5 minutes. I like that arrangement much more than eBay's.

On 2008-06-17 11:14, TikiTres wrote:
That's the way Yahoo Japan works. If a bid is placed in the last 5 minutes of the auction, the auction time is extended another 5 minutes. The auction doesn't end until no new bids are placed for 5 minutes. I like that arrangement much more than eBay's.

there ya go! you see, ebay could work for the seller if it really wanted to.

Pages: 1 7 replies