Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

What'll others be doing while not at Hukilau

Pages: 1 35 replies

I'll be tipping back a drink each night in honor of all the work and fun everyone over there will be having. Cheers to all you lucky so and so's!

S

I worked out an online streaming video and audio thing so I could keep you all in the loop. Wifi at the Cabana and all. I could rove the grounds, webcam in hand. But then I found out there were restrictions on baggage and I decided not to bring the laptop at all. Sorry... If anyone else wants to do it, I can hook you up with the site I found and make it easy...

Crying into the Tiki Bob's skull mug I found last week...

V

changing diapers.

Telling myself that working is just as fun. Working is just as fun. Working is just. . .damn I need a drink.

But for all the west coasters just think ahead to August when you will all be poolside at Oasis and the east coast ohana are stuck at work, etc.

P

Just for that I'm head butting you tomorrow.

On 2008-06-11 08:48, Matt Reese wrote:
I'll be tipping back a drink each night in honor of all the work and fun everyone over there will be having. Cheers to all you lucky so and so's!

I'll toss one back for ya buddy.

Can't wait until Oasis, see ya then.

painting my kitchen

H
Heath posted on Wed, Jun 11, 2008 9:13 PM

Hopefully NOT working at Matt's house!

working, am on deadline for magazine layout for Tuesday. It will be hard to concentrate, while dreaming about the Ma Kai, the festivities and the fun. :(

On 2008-06-11 21:13, Heath wrote:
Hopefully NOT working at Matt's house!

You call that work?!?!
(hee hee)

Playing a game of Stroke or Buzz. I drink outside all day in the hot sun and try to figure if I am stroking out or just really drunk.

On 2008-06-12 11:54, Turbogod wrote:
Playing a game of Stroke or Buzz. I drink outside all day in the hot sun and try to figure if I am stroking out or just really drunk.

Now that sounds like FUN!

Attending the Surf O Rama at Doheny State beach this Saturday 9-5

TF

Selling everything I possibly can on ebay so I don't miss TO8. Oh yes.. and waiting for the Denver Thread to come back to life.

T.F.

C

Going to Palm Springs for the weekend. Going to roam through the desert thrift stores and hang out by the pool with a friend.

I'm going to Disneyland!!! WOOHOO!! Actually spending the weekend on Shelter Island and going to Bali Hai :)

working.

H

Arguing and confronting with Sven every inch of the way, all weekend long... :( :(

G
GROG posted on Thu, Jun 12, 2008 9:39 PM

Entertaining family that is in-town from out of state for niece's graduation.

GROG wanted to go to Hukilau very much to see the Maikai.

P

Working. And trying to recover from the ulcer working gave me.

J

Singing in a show in San Francisco with some friends, and hopefully picking up a cool bamboo desk and chair. Also, spending time with an old boyfriend who's in town for the weekend!

I'll be arguing with the voices in my head.

drink lots of fruity cocktails, put on mermaid costume, and swim in the neighbor's pool while humming the Hukilau song.
Its a distant second but its all I got.

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jun 13, 2008 12:47 AM

Oh yeah, GROG will also be arguing with the voices in Jungle Trader's head.

GT

I'm happy to know that, I'm not the only one with voices in my head! Dani say's I have a whole committee! I wanted to go, "Couldn't" spending the weekend making ceramics! That's not to bad though! New stuff coming soon! Mahalo! Gogo

RR

Arguing with GROG about who get to argue whith the voices in Jungle Trader's head.

Everybody arguing in my head now. Hukilau must be going fullblast. No it isn't, yes it is, no it isn't, yes it is. You're a twit. FINE, you suck. Sucking is fun. No it isn't, yes it is, no it isn't, yes it is.

Getting cruel text messages from my friend, telling me how frickin' great the Mai Kai is...:x

Man that sucks.

I hear the Mai Kai Tais are pretty good.

On 2008-06-14 20:35, MrBaliHai wrote:
Getting cruel text messages from my friend, telling me how frickin' great the Mai Kai is...:x

yeah I got a few of those from several people this weekend,
Bastards.

well Fri. I saw Davie Allan and the Arrows and the Volcanics at the Juke Joint in Anaheim.
Sat. I booked my first show, and had Slacktone and some garage bands play at Safari Sams in Hollywood, then went to the Tiki Ti, then El Chavo, then a hot rod tiki art show with pin up models and Tiki Ray was there. then to Formosa in Hollywood, Famous movie writers and actors hang out from back in the day.

Sun. Took my pops to Kona, aka Sams Seafood, and ate and watched the Smokin Menahunes.

so no it wasnt a weekend at Hukilau, but I got my tiki on I would think.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

We actually held an EVENT this afternoon in the foothills of South Carolina. Drank Kava Bowls and the Tahitian Lanai Rum Punch and listened to CDs by The Haole Cats, The Crazed Mugs, Waitiki, Robert Drasnin and The Intoxicators. Had about 14 people over and served 'em Ginger Chicken Wings, Coconut Rum Shrimp and Rumaki.

A nice time was had by all. And yet... We Missed The People who Make Hukilau So Special!!!

So I had some free time on Friday morning and did something cool. I hopped into my Tiki-Mobile and drove north on I-95 to Delray Beach and visited the Morikami Museum. Wow, it's an absolutely HUGE and BEAUTIFUL Japanese garden, I think the largest in the US. New York Times called this place a "must see" if you're in Florida. A friend told me not to miss it, and I lucked out because it really was cool. Next time you're in the Ft Lauderdale/Miami area, keep this in mind. The hotel concierge gave me directions how to get there -- pretty easy.

And on Sunday, after the Mai-Kai closing event, I drove 20 minutes south to "Le Tub" in Hollywood, Florida, for what many publications have declared to be the world's best hamburger. It's a huge burger, and it's definitely tasty... The restaurant (really a very relaxed dive-sorta-place) is on the Intracoastal Waterway, a very nice location to relax and enjoy a great burger.

I love the Ft. Lauderdale/Greater Miami area!

Pages: 1 35 replies