Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Seattle: June 12 Hawaiian Shirt Show at Momo

Pages: 1 5 replies

D

Hawaiian Shirt Show at Momo
Thursday, June 12 from 5:00 to 7:00 ish
Pupus & island beverages will be served.

Momo - 600 South Jackson Street in Seattle’s International District

Check out their special selection of Hawaiian shirts flown in from Honolulu’s Iolani Sport just for the show. The 50-year-old family-owned company is know for its authentic island-style shirts in beautiful prints and handsome solid colors in all sizes.

Also, meet Danny Eskenazi, famous Aloha Shirt Aficionado, as he shows a selection of his vintage Hawaiian shirts while local mom Huei Huang sells her so-cute pint-sized Hawaiian shirts for boys ages 1-5.

edited because i can not read a calendar.

[ Edited by: dogbytes 2008-06-11 19:48 ]

D

want to meet up for dinner or drinks? email me.

I would love to go but I have a thousand things to do today and have been working house construction until about 10PM everynight.
take picture especially closeups of good fabric prints and grab any kind of flyer or catalog they have

D

no one will GIVE one of these off their backs: but at the Hawaiian Shirt Show at Momo there were some for sale!

Danny Eskenazi famous Aloha Shirt Aficionado, exhibited 5 rare vintage Aloha Hawaiian Shirts. Textile artist Huei Huang was selling tiny Aloha Shirts for boys... super cute!

A special selection of Hawaiian shirts from Honolulu's Iolani Sport were part of the Trunk Sale, as well as shirts from Danny's personal collection. Nothing rare, mostly modern stuff.

Momo is a cute boutique store with an ecclectic mix of Japanese and Hawaiian doodads and clothing.

Danny, from our Seattle Hawaiiana Club

circa 1940 shirts for display only! similar shirts have sold for $1000 recently on ebay. and Danny isnt willing to part with his!

nifty cubbyholes full of stuff

Sox for special people with only 2 toes

oh its spam! many flavours

Danny shows us the "rarest of the rare" Aloha Shirts from the book

The owner serves up drinks

yummy pupus throughout the store

ittybitty shirts for kids. handmade. Huei has a passion for fabrics and the colors, textures and styling of vintage things. her VERY stylish son was wearing the most adorable Nehru Suit. geez. i forgot to take his pic. argh. hopefully the store will post pictures and i'll grab them for my blog!

made a few new contacts and found a nifty place to shop!

Thanks for the great pics Dogbytes! One question: Why would anyone eat SPAM Lite
when you could eat SPAM with Cheese??

ahhhh, crap. once again, I suck for missing this.
Damn Damn Damn

Pages: 1 5 replies