Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tretchikoff

Pages: 1 5 replies

ok heres the deal........ i found a Tretchikoff green lady in a antique mall,out in the boonies today . nice print, clean, solid frame $39.00. idid not buy it. checking on e-bay i see referece to prints and repros.what ,and how do you tell the deference? thanks,TD

Hi David, I've found several prints in thrift stores and think it should be fairly easy to tell the difference between vintage and new. The framing job is a very good way to tell the difference. Most of the prints I have found have been signed and dated in pen by Vladimir, so that's another good way to tell. I've never found one that has a shiny finish, that might be a good indication of a new print. If you could post a phtotograph, I might be able to help out a little more. I know TabooDan who lives up here has quite a good collection, he might also be able to help.

D

that's another good way to tell. I've never found one that has a shiny finish...

T

On 2008-06-11 19:09, Tikiwahine wrote:
Hi David, I've found several prints in thrift stores and think it should be fairly easy to tell the difference between vintage and new. The framing job is a very good way to tell the difference. Most of the prints I have found have been signed and dated in pen by Vladimir, so that's another good way to tell. I've never found one that has a shiny finish, that might be a good indication of a new print. If you could post a phtotograph, I might be able to help out a little more. I know TabooDan who lives up here has quite a good collection, he might also be able to help.

The family is still selling vintage prints, by the way, so it isn't certain that an unsigned print in a modern frame is a copy.

BK

Why are we responding to a 7 year-old thread?

T

On 2015-02-01 06:33, Big Kahuna wrote:
Why are we responding to a 7 year-old thread?

I was responding to a day old post.

Regardless, I'll ask the admins to delete my post.

Pages: 1 5 replies