Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Cool Witco Chair for sale in Ohio on Ebay

Pages: 1 9 replies

T

Not my auction but saw this on Ebay today. Pretty cool chair!!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130230378707&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:CA:1123

Seems a little highly priced but would be cool in the lounge.
TabooDan

[ Edited by: TabooDan 2008-06-13 17:55 ]

Considering how rare these chairs are, it's a good beginning price. I wouldn't let mine go for under twice that much.

Strange looking chair :lol:

What part of Africa does it come from :D

Could it be that this Celt has not read my groundbreaking and erudite essay on "The History and Meaning of the Leopard Print" yet? :)

T

I can't decide what I think about these Witco armchairs, I love the tiki posts but the single armrest reminds me too much of an elementary school desk :wink: I'd much rather have the desk & stools in that last photo... and the light fixture, and the wall shield :)

On 2008-06-15 21:26, TikiTres wrote:
I can't decide what I think about these Witco armchairs, I love the tiki posts but the single armrest reminds me too much of an elementary school desk :wink: I'd much rather have the desk & stools in that last photo... and the light fixture, and the wall shield :)

the whole idea was they are like a rattan set one piece has an arm on the left ,other right . put them together for a love seat, add a piece without arms for a couch. put them at a right angle with a corner table. just like the rattan sets. there are some out there that are club chairs(2arms) sven has one ,i have one and i do not know how many are out there.hopes this helps.

T

AHA! Well that does make sense, thanks for the clarification! :)

T

Well I am guessing this would be Duke Carter. Congrats on a great score Duke.

That's great, going to a deserving and loving home, Duke and Amy. Watch out with balancing drinks on those arm rests, they are invitingly wide but have those irregular grooves! :)

Pages: 1 9 replies