Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Bars Which Serve Drinks in Pineapple?

Pages: 1 20 replies

I know Trader Vics in San Francisco and the Sheraton in Maui do, but are there any others, preferably in So Cal?

I've heard the Velvet Hammer on Cahuenga in Hollywood serves a Margarita in a pineapple.

I miss that drink tradition. There was a place in Littleton, Mass which not only served a tiki drink in a fresh pineapple shell for $3.50. If you let them use the same shell for your refill, it was only $2.50 for your next ones.

Ah, those were the days...

Mahiki in London...

The Fish Hopper in Monterey (Cannery Row) does.
This is where the Mark Thomas Outrigger use to be.

Fish Hopper Drink List

J

On 2008-06-15 13:20, christiki295 wrote:
I know Trader Vics in San Francisco and the Sheraton in Maui do, but are there any others, preferably in So Cal?

The Trader Vic's in San Francisco doesn't serve anything anymore, since it closed at the end of 2007.

Ahh yes, Jen Tiki, it is the Tonga Room San Francisco.

I dont recall that Trader Vics Lounge in BH serves pina coladas in pineapples, but what about the Emeryvile or any other location?

[ Edited by: christiki295 2008-06-15 15:38 ]

D

The Mai Kai in Ft. Lauderdale had them on the menu last night.

On 2008-06-15 15:46, don-tiki wrote:
The Mai Kai in Ft. Lauderdale had them on the menu last night.

Pina Passion. I have a picture around here somewhere I'll share.

Well, I am sure a lot of people who attended Hukilau have shots, someone else share, I don't want to look for my shots cuz I'm tired.

jade island in Staten Island, NY serves in real pineapple

RR

The Hong Kong Inn in Ventura, CA does.

I think I've had a drink in a pineapple at the bar just outside 'Ohana restaurant at the Polynesian Village at Walt Disney World. But it's possible I'm mis-remembering.

Just a few weeks ago I had a drink in a coconut at Lingba Lounge here in SF.

F

Humu is right. They do serve a very lovely drink in a pineapple at the Tambu Lounge outside of 'Ohana in the Polynesian Resort. I believe the name of it is the Kapu Kapu or something like that. I always have to have one of those when Mr. Frostiki and I travel to Disney, but I just heard from someone at the Hukilau that their Zombies are pretty tasty too. May have to try that next time...

Mrs. Frostiki

G

On 2008-06-17 06:41, frostiki wrote:
Humu is right. They do serve a very lovely drink in a pineapple at the Tambu Lounge outside of 'Ohana in the Polynesian Resort. I believe the name of it is the Kapu Kapu or something like that. I always have to have one of those when Mr. Frostiki and I travel to Disney, but I just heard from someone at the Hukilau that their Zombies are pretty tasty too. May have to try that next time...

They serve Zombies? Really? That seems so un-Disney-like. I'll have to investigate myself, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Sorry for the derail! We now return you to your regularly scheduled pineapples...

F

GatorRob, let us know if you get a chance to investigate the existence of Zombie drinks at the Polynesian. It does seem very un-Disney, but I'd be a happy camper to discover they serve them there.

Mahalo,
Frostiki

To amend my earlier posting, I think the pineapple drink at the Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian was actually called the Lapu Lapu (not Kapu Kapu). Fuzzy memories...and my brain and body are still recovering from the Hukilau :)

Mrs. Frostiki

visit us at http://www.frostiki.com

[ Edited by: frostiki 2008-06-17 10:56 ]

M

i recently asked around on chowhound for l.a. area places serving drinks in pineapples or coconuts and results were not very illuminating:

http://www.chowhound.com/topics/511466

Not many options, apparently.
Maybe I will drop such in the suggestion box at Purple Orchid.

they used to at chef shangrila, but im not sure if they do anymore

Somehow I feel qualified to comment. :)

Here's one I had at Mon Kou in South Attleboro, MA on the NETT.

I also had two at the bar outside of Ohana. I met a lovely couple there, who's son accidentally knocked my pineapple over (it was 98% finished.) The gentleman INSISTED on buying me another, which at $11 wasn't cheap. Real nice guy.

In Santa Barbara, Longboards on Stearn's Wharf serves a cocktail in a pineapple.

G

What's with cutting the leaves off the pineapple? I always leave them on. It looks better and, well, it's just no fun unless it's a little dangerous.

Pages: 1 20 replies