Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Maikai Gents Free Concert In The Park-Napa Valley-June 26

Pages: 1 16 replies

Aloha Friends!

The Maikai Gents Featuring The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa will be giving a concert in St. Helena's Lyman Park on Thursday evening, June 26 at 6:00pm. Bring along a blanket, a picnic, some wine or fun booze and enjoy a beautiful wine country night with us. Mahalo!

-Weird Unc

Aww, man! That's the same night as Prom-A-Go-Go in SF. Wish we could be there...

Sorry Cuz,

Looks like that's the day we leave for Oregon for Tiki Kon VI.

Wow, great to know of so many other fun events folks could go to instead of our fantastic concert in the park! You know I read that just down the road in Napa there'll be a Rolling Stones tribute band playing that night, too! Not tiki, but I'll bet they really rock! Maybe that'd be a cool hang. I'll check tomorrow's calendar section of the paper and will post if anything else fun is going on Thursday night that might be of interest to you.

-The Usually Not At All Sarcastic Weird Unc.

p.s. To the posters above, I do sincerely thank you for all of your past support of our band... I just couldn't let this opportunity for a quick poke go.

Geez Unc,
Normally we would SOOOO be there, even if it's a "school night". But, alas, we too have a prior commitment. Have a great time in the park and on the River this weekend! Hope to see you soon!

Aloha,
Myke

WOW!

What I mean to say is what a coincidence! As fate would have it, I'm going to be in Napa that night seeing "Kinkade! The Musical" Telling the gripping dramatic tale of music agent Mr. Kinkade and his struggles with a young upstart musical genius Danny Partridge. Eventually facing his greatest challenge and coming to terms with his true feelings for "Mrs." Partridge. I hear the climax has a chandelier or a tire or something that floats out over the audience with Mr. Kinkade singing his swan song "What Am I If Not An Agent!" I CAN'T wait to see it...sorry I won't be at your show...you should just come see "Kinkade!" with me instead!

I'll buy!

On second thought let's go dutch!

This is great! By knowing who would like to come but won't, I can narrow down exactly who WILL be there. Please post here if you'd love to join us for the concert in the park, but can't for any reason (and please list your reason. Hopefully it's because there's another fabulous event going on at the same time somewhere. If so, please elaborate on the event including timing and location). This will be a big help so I know how many enchanted krelmins to bring for those in attendance at the park. Mahalo!

-Weird Unc

p.s. Are there any tickets left for "Kincade! The Musical?" I'd like to redeem my chits.

I sure hope the little "Ms. F" learns her sarcasm from her MOTHER.... :roll:

FLASH!! ** FLASH!! **

I have just learned that I will have 31 extra tickets to "Kinkade! The Musical" FREE. If there is anyone going to be in Napa the night of the Mai Kai Gents concert in the park...and you would rather see a musical just leave your info here on the Mai Kai Gents Concert in the Park thread and I'm sure the Mai Kai Gents wouldn't mind passing that info on to me.

Hurry!

I now have only 11 tickets left.

Oh God only 8 tickets left...I didn't realize so many people were such huge fans of the Partridge Family!

On 2008-06-25 13:57, KING KUKULELE wrote:
FLASH!! ** FLASH!! **

I have just learned that I will have 31 extra tickets to "Kinkade! The Musical" FREE. If there is anyone going to be in Napa the night of the Mai Kai Gents concert in the park...and you would rather see a musical just leave your info here on the Mai Kai Gents Concert in the Park thread and I'm sure the Mai Kai Gents wouldn't mind passing that info on to me.

I'm still waiting for the musical, "Tiki Central".

"Tiki Central! The Musical" ...I Like it!

Any ideas on who you think they should cast in the role of "GROG"?
Who should they cast in the role of "Weird Uncle"?

Tonight's the big night!

Only 4 tickets left for "Kinkade! The Musical!"

I have to say though, I returned home from London, England on Tuesday night after performing at the Rockabilly Rave in Camber Sands, England. I missed my bus out of Camber Sands on its way to London. I was able to hitch a lift with a Tiki Centralite who happened to be at the Rockabilly Rave. In his car I found the Mai Kai Gents CD and when I asked him about it he said it was the soundtrack to his honeymoon in Hawaii. Anybody in Napa who doesn't like the Partridge Family should take advantage of this opportunity to see some original Tiki Music under the stars, the way it was meant to be heard.

Pages: 1 16 replies